Dick Dast. Profile

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

Dick Dast. Profile

Postby dennis_p51 on Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:22 am

:D Wonderful, well worth the small amount invested in this must have add on to any game really. Thank so much E_Shift for your contribution.
Every thing runs perfect ,quick responses without delay.
One thing I need help with is Dick Dastardly Profile, I realize its not yours but I feel its something simple I m not doing properly. Ive followed all the instruction correctly everthing works great except for the sound files. The FOLDER Vac Responses was placed into the fb game and the profile files were path directed to the game, (I think I did that correctly)
but no voice response. Did I place the Vac Response folder in the right place or do the individual sound files go into the game sound folder.

Thanks again Shift
Cheers Dennis.
dennis_p51
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Shift_E on Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:59 pm

Good to hear you enjoy VAC, I’m always glad to receive that kind of news. :)

The wav files need to go into here:
C:\Games\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\VAC responses\"
If you installed IL2 to a different drive then you can edit the profile in Notepad replacing the “C” drive to your installed drive. Within his readme file his has noted the commands that have wav files assigned, so you could place the wav files somewhere else then use the VAC builder to re-assign them. Either way should work.

DD wrote me a little bit ago and said he was working on a revised profile to include the new commands from the IL2 patches. Something to look forward to. :D
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Postby dennis_p51 on Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:34 pm

Thanks , Ill give that a try. also thanks DD for the great profile and looking forward to that upgrade. Cheers Dennis.
dennis_p51
Air Cadet Level 1

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)