[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 918: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 918: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Airwarfare.com • View topic - Uberdemon: Expired Domain?

Uberdemon: Expired Domain?

A place for discussion about the UQMG, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: UberDemon

Uberdemon: Expired Domain?

Postby AlexScherr on Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:40 pm

I recently purchased the 1946 upgrade to Pacific Fighters, which has revived my interest in the IL2 series. I wanted to download UQMG, which I had used to good effect with early versions.

However, when I follow the links for http://www.uberdemon.com, I get an expired domain page. This is true for any of the links posted in uberdemon's signature line, or in his e-mail messages notifying us of updates.

Is there an alternate download? Is my browser doing something wrong? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Alex Scherr
AlexScherr
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MaXMhZ on Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:01 pm

It looks like indeed the domain expired.
Your browser is doing nothing wrong.
I guess we have to wait a while till UberDemon comes along.
In the meantime I've tried to download from mission4today.com - it refers to uberdemon.com expired site so that does not work either. I have reported a 'broken link'

AFAIK there is no alternate download.

For now that's about all I can do. Sorry, but thanks for posting the problem.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby ramstein on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:05 am

the whole community and UQMG fans have freaked out when his website disappeared, without a word!! :roll: :smt089
ramstein
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:27 am

Let's not go overboard and give it some time. There can be many reasons for a site to go down. It does not mean it will stay down...
Hopefully it's back up again soon and/or Uberdemon informs us.

For now it's just a couple of days downtime.
Too bad UD's e-mail is linked to the domain so that's unreachable too.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby UberDemon on Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:29 am

I am working the issue. I'll post when my site is back up.
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
http://www.uberdemon.com
uberdemon at uberdemon.com
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Postby MaXMhZ on Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:07 am

Thanks UberDemon!
Just recovering from a system crash myself... Firefox and Thunderbird are about the only things working ATM

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby AlexScherr on Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:50 pm

Found the site almost before Uberdemon announced it: great news! I downloaded both the new installation and the update, and spent yesterday working with it. All I can say is . . .

fabulous! This makes the sim an exercise in exploration and discovery: any plane, anywhere, anytime, and any single mission from any campaign: really a marvelous addition that should be part of the basic program. Plus: the instruction is really fabulous, and the simplicity and ease of use very well planned and thought through.

Kudos to UberDemon!

Alex
AlexScherr
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby UberDemon on Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:47 am

I am blushing... thanks a lot!!!!

Can I quote you?

Seriously, thanks.
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
http://www.uberdemon.com
uberdemon at uberdemon.com
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Postby MaXMhZ on Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:25 am

Uber Quick Mission Generator is one of the best utilities for IL-2 combat flight sims.
It's been around from the start of the IL-2 series and it gets better with every new version.

It sure is a MUST-HAVE for any IL-2 flightsimmer that takes him/herself seriously.
Thanks very much UD for all your dedication and hard work.
It surely would be a smart move if it were included with the standard game(s). I'm not sure that is going to happen though.

MaX,

Airwarfare.com (Legacy) Forums Site Admin.

And yes - you may quote me :D

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to Uber Quick Mission Generator (UQMG)