Updated my Devicelink Wrapper Class to v2.1.2

Forum for the discussion of Device Link

Updated my Devicelink Wrapper Class to v2.1.2

Postby WWSensei on Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:15 pm

See the info for the wrapper at the http://www.wingwalkers.org forum under hardware/software. New wrapper Here

OK, I've updated the DeviceLink Wrapper to version 2.1.1 and I've written a small application showing how one could use it. Actually, I've written another series of classes based off a base Aircraft Class with various component classes. I've totally abstracted away the devicelink layer so you don't need to know anything about it. A simple Aircraft object instantiation will take care of all the networking for you as long as you have the config.ini with the proper IP and port number. Simply takes a

C_Aircraft ac;

in your code and all the UDP client stuff is taken care of.

This sample app is the beginning of an app I'm writing for our squad training office. This first version simply records the following data every 1/2 second to a comma seperated text log file:

IAS, ALT, ANGSPD, AZIMUTH, ROLL, PITCH, TURN, SLIP, VARIO, FUEL

The default name of the text file is "logfile.cvs" but you can pass another name on the command line if you wish. It will, for now, also create a bbbr_debug.txt file with extra debug info. If you have problems running the sample program and want to let me know I'll need that file to help me trouble shoot.

To use the app make sure you've setup your game to work with DeviceLink per the instructions provided in your Devicelink.txt file found in the main IL2 directory. Unzip the app zip file to whereever you want. Be sure to tell your unzip program to extract the paths as well. you'll find the executable in the dl_test\trunk\bin\Release directory and it's called dl_test.exe. You can either just double click on it to run with a default logfile name or run it from the command line and give it a filename as a parameter. IMPORTANT: Your IL2 game must be started first. You don't have to be flying yet, but the game needs to be launched first. I'll fix that later, but this was just an early prototype.

Then again, the program is just meant to serve as an example. I've included allt he source code and build files in the zip. Get it Here

and you can view all the docs Here

You can post questions to me about this at the http://www.wingwalkers.org forum
Last edited by WWSensei on Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
WWSensei
Flight Sergeant

Postby WWSensei on Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:45 am

Know what I hate? Posting a new library only to find a bug in it the very night you post it. ARGH. 2.0.6 will go up today.
WWSensei
Flight Sergeant

Postby MaXMhZ on Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:39 pm

hehe - Shows the users how dedicated you are though ;)

Good promotion :)

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby WWSensei on Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:18 pm

OK, 2.0.6 is posted up. Same links will work.
WWSensei
Flight Sergeant

Postby WWSensei on Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:37 pm

v2.0.7 posted. OK, more bug fixes and a few new routines. Lots of refactoring of the code to make it smaller and more efficient. I've fixed the links in the first post to reflect the new links.
WWSensei
Flight Sergeant

bump

Postby WWSensei on Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:46 am

Library updated to 2.1.0 with over 50 new methods. Check first post for details and links.
WWSensei
Flight Sergeant

Check first post.

Postby WWSensei on Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:18 pm

Check the first post. I've updated the wrapper with new functions and also a new sample application with source code and a sample executable so others can see how to use it.
WWSensei
Flight Sergeant

2.1.2 released.

Postby WWSensei on Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:19 pm

Updated library (backwards compatible) to 2.1.2 and new sample app showing how to use it for multi-engine aircraft.

Also, any feedback can be posted Here

You only need to register if you want to post. Just to read doesn't require registering.

If it says you've been banned then PM me with your IP or ISP name and I'll see about clearing it. If you are from the Netherlands, Germany or Russia there is a good chance you were banned.

We were getting so many hack and spammer attempts from those three countries on such a large scale they were registering and spamming faster than we could delete so we had to slam the door shut and only opening it a crack at a time. Sorry.
WWSensei
Flight Sergeant

Postby MaXMhZ on Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:38 pm

Sorry to hear you were buggered by idiots from the Netherlands. It should be enough to send an email to their ISP's abuse address to stop them. If that doesn't help you can complaint with the Opta A complaint against spammers from NL can be issued to Opta through http://www.spamklacht.nl If you need any assistance doing so, I'll be glad to help. Opta has taken down several ISP's already because of spammers under their domain, and issued several fines (the highest was 42500 Euro).

Hope this helps

S! MaX

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby WWSensei on Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:04 pm

Thanks Max, will check it out. Problem, so far, seems to be RIPE and who they provide. Some of RIPE's clients are legit ISPs and others are more nefarious. To date RIPE hasn't been helpful at all. Again, if anyone has trouble I'm willing to work with them, just let me know.
WWSensei
Flight Sergeant

Return to Device Link