radio chatter

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

radio chatter

Postby Bunz on Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:06 pm

He, is there some german radio chatter on the russian front to download?

Bunz
Bunz
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:55 pm

If you mean the AI radio chatter... If you fly on the German side you should hear German voices. Flying on the Russian side Russian etc. You hear whatever nationality you select to fly with.
AI voices are stored under /samples/speech/<Nationality>/<actor#>
There are several nationalities and actors. You can exchange the files with other files if you wish (keep a backup ). The file name should be info enough of what the wave file says ;
I'm not aware of an alternate German speechpack.
The only thing that comes to mind is BBQ's Language pack that's mirrored on Dart's pages under "files" - "Other Files" link It contains English language with German and Russian accents. (for /DE/ and /RU/ speech folders...

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Radio chatter

Postby Bunz on Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:45 pm

I fly ont the German side (BF109). From the moment I start my campain I hear, besites the German AI chat, constand communication of English plaines. I've got this sinds I downloaded an campain Battle of Brittain.
I would like to get rid of it.

Thx
Bunz
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:47 pm

that sounds like the original files were substituted by the installation of the campaign. What campaign was it exactly and what version of the game?
You do need to be carefull installing campaigns that have speech packs and.or custom sounds/skins included. The best thing is to copy the whole game to a safe place , or to make a system restore point before installing a campaign. That way you can undo any changes you don't like.
If you have a merged install or FB+ check disk 2 of FB. You will find a folder called "chatter" which holds several zip files by country including the German one (DE.zip) unzip the contents to the appropriate folderS under the main game folder to restore the original speech pack. Remember the zip containa a complete directory tree. you need to unzip everything and not only what's in the 'root' of the zip...

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Re: Radio chatter

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:23 pm

Bunz wrote:I fly ont the German side (BF109). From the moment I start my campain I hear, besites the German AI chat, constand communication of English plaines. I've got this sinds I downloaded an campain Battle of Brittain.
I would like to get rid of it.

Thx

This is a music file installed by the Battle Over Britain Campaign. You could either disable takeoff and inflight music in your hardware settings or delete the contents of the samples\Music\InFlight\ and samples\Music\TakeOff folders.
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby Bunz on Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:42 pm

Thanks. This solved my problem!
Bunz
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to IL-2 Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters Forum