Battle Of Britain Announcement

Storm Of War the successor to the IL-2 Sturmovik

Moderators: EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Battle Of Britain Announcement

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:22 am

London, UK – October 6, 2003 –

Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, revealed plans today to expand its line of flight Sims through a partnership with 1C: Maddox Games. The publishing deal includes the announcement of The Battle of Britain, a brand new World War II flight simulation game, which is expected to build on the enormous success of the IL-2 Sturmovik franchise. Ubisoft also plans to publish an expansion pack for IL2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles that will let owners of Forgotten Battles take to the skies again, to engage in more World War II dogfights alone or with players around the world via the internet.

Ubisoft's partnership with 1C: Maddox Games began with the highly acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik, lauded for revolutionizing the flight sim genre. The attention to detail, technical accuracy and beautiful graphics completely immersed players in World War II skies like never before. The Battle of Britain will be packed with even more historical realism, and will utilize a new engine, a dynamic campaign system and new weather effects. The game will take place in 1940 during the infamous "Battle of Britain", between England, Germany and Italy, and it will allow players to fly for the British, German or Italian air force.

"IC Maddox Games has a stellar reputation in the industry for making quality games," said Jay Cohen, VP Publishing, Ubisoft. "We believe that our partnership with their talented team has made Ubisoft the world's premiere publisher of historical flight sims and we can't wait to bring these two new games to fans everywhere."

"Ubisoft shares the passion we feel for flight sims and they believe in our goal to constantly work at improving the gaming experience for sim fans," said Oleg Maddox.

"The Battle of Britain will be our most ambitious work to date and we are looking forward to the challenge."

The Battle of Britain is scheduled to ship in 2005. The IL2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles Expansion Pack is scheduled to ship in early 2004."

Features

The Battle of Britain: Cliffs of Dover (Title TBC)

Product Description

The Battle of Britain (TBoB) is the next World War II flight simulation title from 1C: Maddox Games, creators of the worldwide acclaimed
IL-2 Sturmovik series. TBoB will take place in 1940 during the “Battle of Britain,” between England and Germany (plus Italy), and it allows players to fly for as either the British or German (Italian) air force.

Key Features

Flyable aircraft - At least 10-11 highly detailed English, German and Italian aircraft - including Spitfire, Hurricane, Messerschmitt 109 and Stuka.

Non-Flyable aircraft - Between 10-17 AI controlled aircraft.

Huge number of missions - 20 single-player missions & 10 multiplayer missions (At least).

Brand new game map - TBoB will take place from central England in the North, to Northern France in the South (The part of map will include Belgium - area close to French border, from where were flying Italian AF, involved in BoB). The game-world will consist of a single large map and will encompass cities, towns, roads, airfields, radar stations, ports, and industrial areas.

Enhanced campaign system - The dynamic campaign system will be an “evolution” of the Forgotten Battles campaign engine and will include expanded pilot and squadron management.

Dynamic campaign system - Allows players to rewrite history (ability to set two variants in realistic settings for campaign system. One for realistic, and one for “rewriting history”).

Scalable gameplay - Not only appealing for sim enthusiasts, TBoB will attract the novices too through an enhanced novice mode.

Even more precise flight model – Based on the Forgotten Battles FM development with additional modules of precise calculations.

New weather effects (non-constant on the map area) - New “sky”, especially at altitude, clouds, rain, etc that will look and works better than in FB.

New 3D engine - highly detailed objects and ground, including coastal lines and sea. Expandable with add-ons for new theatres.

Air-stream effects - When flying directly behind another aircraft, there will be a noticeable realistic prop-wash effect.

Multiplayer option - 32 at minimum, dogfights, cooperative and team play with basic and special maps.
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby CrazySchmidt on Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:56 am

I am certainly looking forward to this addition. With the excellence that is currently available with the IL-2 series, how can this not be a winner. The eye candy alone will be worth the flight I would think. Even if my old rig will only allow 1 Spit aganist 1 109 can you imagine the new generation gamage modelling and graphics effects from these guys!!!

Man I'll fly around goofing at my Spit cockpit unaware of the bandit on my six!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've read three levels of damage modelling for building objects, I don't know how accurate that info is but can you imagine that!!! It's a flight sim after all.

Ahhh... the wonderful age of PC rapid power growth.

Cheers, CrazySchmidt. :)
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:47 pm

I did a small upgrade for PF but when BoB comes out, that's when I'll be getting a new rig. I think I'm gonna need it.
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Postby MaXMhZ on Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:22 am

II./JG2_Oesau wrote:I did a small upgrade for PF but when BoB comes out, that's when I'll be getting a new rig. I think I'm gonna need it.

ROFLMAO

well that's what I thought when AEP was to come...
that's what I thought when PF was to come...

I still run the lot on my P4 1.7GHz 1GB Ti4800SEViVo on 1024x768x32 Perfect mode :D

Ah well - If I think I'll encounter a furball online I'll switch to excelent ;)
Better than ever :D

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Will BOB be different and fix the gaps?

Postby backstabber on Fri May 13, 2005 7:40 pm

I've played Il2, FB & PF and enjoyed them all but the last one exasperated me a little as although the models and flying is fantastic the games still have an element of "unfinished" about them.

Don't get me wrong, given a choice between highly polished front end and shiny features or great models and accuracy I'll choose the latter but I know maddox could deliver both.

People have talked about the menus for aircraft and loadouts enough that they should know it needs work, but its still unaddressed. I'm not a perfectionist, but it could be so much better.

PF though gets me a little, it feels unfinished! wheres the aircraft to justify calling it a whole new game, the single engined torpedo bombers etc, if the expansion pack had been out at Christmas (original promise) but its still not out. I just have this horrible feeling Bob will be the same.

I'm excited about playing Bob, I'd just rather gripe now and have maddox deliver the goods than feel disapointed afterwards like I am with PF.

Hoping for the best.
backstabber
Air Cadet Level 1

BoB Updates

Postby choctaw111 on Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:04 am

It has been a while since we have heard anything new from Oleg about what is going on with BoB. Does anyone know what is going on at 1C right now? I know that we are all very excited to see some kind of progress on this highly anticipated sim...
Strike Hold!
choctaw111
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to Storm Of War (Battle Of Britain) Forum