Battle of Britain

Storm Of War the successor to the IL-2 Sturmovik

Moderators: EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Battle of Britain

Postby A9.Geordie on Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:10 pm

Can anyone give me the release date for Olegs Battle of Britain .I have heard it is being released 26/8/2005 is this correct

Many thanks
A9.Geordie
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:28 pm

Hi A9.Geordie, I'm afraid Olegs BOB is not expected until 2006/2007
the game that was supposed to be released is Shockwaves BOB2 Wings Of Victory, but the release date has slipped a little.

Details on the main site http://www.airwarfare.com
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby Noddy on Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:17 am

It would be very nice to have the 'Defiant' aircraft included as a flyable aircraft.. Nobody has ever done that.. I asked the Rowan group when they put out BoB, but they said it was to complex.. They do the Stuka, as well as everybody else, so why not??

I think that aircraft deserves some credit, for a while it put up a good show before everybody got wise to it's weakness, but even after that it had good use with other operations. So give credit to the 'Defiant'.. Her pilots and gunners were very brave men knowing that the result of their mission would more or less be the end for them..But they did the job, no matter what.

Of course I do not mean to say that the other pilots were not facing the same risks. They ALL stared death in the face every time they took to the air.. But it is sad that nothing has ever been put in a 'sim'.
I hope this version of BoB puts that right. 8)
Noddy
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby KenleyKid on Fri May 19, 2006 9:06 am

I agree, of course the Defiant should be included. Its generally remembered as a bit of a disaster in the BoB (thanks to one poor day), but it did very well in the Dunkirk fighting, and also went on to score well as a nightfighter before the arrival of the Beau. In fact it was a far superior nightfighter to the Blenheim. There were some high scoring Defiant crews too.
KenleyKid
Forum Cynic

Postby Greyhawk on Sat May 20, 2006 3:40 pm

So... Olegs BoB is tentatively scheduled for late 2006? correct? if not..thats ok too. I love the idea of hunting in a Hurri,("Never in the course of human conflict..") but if he needs a couple more months to ratchet down the remaining stuff etc, then by all means go ahead Oleg... think we have seen too many flight sims(as well as other genre games) sent out the door waaaaay before they should of been :? . He puts outs some of the very best flight sims..just hope the QUALITY not QUANTITY continue with him and his crew.
1ST AIR RESCUE SERVICE - T.R.A.P.S

"IVESTIGO AB RECUPERO, VIRTUTE ET ARMIS"
TO SEEK AND RECOVER, BY VALOR AND ARMS
Greyhawk
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby KenleyKid on Wed May 24, 2006 2:41 pm

So far I think OM is doing pretty well on quality and quantity - what was it something like 200 planes so far in fb+aep+pf? Still no Typhoon though : (mustn't get started on that one again).
KenleyKid
Forum Cynic

Return to Storm Of War (Battle Of Britain) Forum