Starforce

Storm Of War the successor to the IL-2 Sturmovik

Moderators: EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Starforce

Postby Uncas on Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:05 pm

Will Ubisoft utilize Starforce copy protection in BOB?
Uncas
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:17 pm

Their most recent releases, LOMAC Gold Edition, Silent Hunter III, Prince of Persia Sands of Time, Splinter Cell 3: Chaos Theory and that King Kong thing all use Starforce.

From that we can assume that the forthcoming Forgotten Battles Platinum will be protected with Starforce. But BOB may well be a different story as its release date is 2006/2007 and protection will almost certainly be different by then.

List of games that use Starforce
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby Luckyboy1 on Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:29 pm

There's been a whole lot of hype about all things related to Starforce. You will hear the people who pirate this game make all kinds of false accusations about copyright protection software. However, in there somewhere I'm sure are some legitimate concerns.

What should you do now? Nothing! Because like all things PC related, there's alot of hype and getting in a twist over "what if's" is my self imposed psychotic job, not yours! :wink:

Enjoy the game.
Read Luckyboy's Guide For Complete Users...

Luckyboys Guide

For all your hardware needs...

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Postby GT182 on Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:07 am

Seeing there was a class action lawsiut, UBi has now said it will no longer use StarForce.

LB, it's not just those that pirate games that have had problems with StarForce. I'm no gaming pirate and I had problems as did many other honest people. If fact, your buddy Steve banned me for 2 weeks, 6 weeks ago for my views on StarForce. And has not reinstated my account either.
GT182
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby nashash on Wed May 03, 2006 1:27 am

wow i too got banned cuase of starforce,
i had bought Brother in Arms , and had since bought a new computer , uninstalling my old sims and reinstalling onto new compter , i get a invald key for BiA, so i go thru the proceedure Starforce has and i get the invald key agin with message , need to get new key from publisher , which is Ubisoft,

i give them a call tell them the whole story , they inform me this is a Starforce issue and to get the key from them , so back forth it goes ,

out of frustration i post what has happen to me on the Ubisoft BIA forum.
and ask for help i recieve no help . and i post out of frustration some things about Starforce and Ubisoft , and there law suit they have against them ,

well i get banned for that

i don't mind being banned from the BIA forum since i have a game that i can't play due to starforce key,

but i have 8 Ubisoft titles , and would like to use the forums on these other games, especially the Oleg titles since he uses no Starforce,

i even have 2 store bought copies of Forgotten Battles.

i hope knights of the Skies is not published by Ubisoft, i plan to buy this title , but if Ubisoft publishes this title , i probably won't buy it, especially if it comes with Starforce.
nashash
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to Storm Of War (Battle Of Britain) Forum