BoB advertised by Amazon Uk now!

Storm Of War the successor to the IL-2 Sturmovik

Moderators: EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

BoB advertised by Amazon Uk now!

Postby KenleyKid on Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:36 am

I see this new game is advertised for 1 Jan 2006 at Amazon. Its still saying 1-2 weeks delivery so hopefully not too far away, though not actually on time obviously.
What puzzles me is the lack of development website/forums for this titile? Has Oleg Maddox decided to do this one "on the quiet" following too much "imput" from the community on PF? Makes you wonder.
KenleyKid
Forum Cynic

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:40 pm

Please ignore the amazon page on BOB it was put up about two years ago around the time AEP was announced (ME163 in pic!).
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby Luckyboy1 on Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:37 pm

Don't listen to Snoop, he's lying to you!!! It will be out in...

we all know how to fill in the blank of that joke!

No, actually, Snoops telling you the real deal here. Don't worry about the when thing because you want the right game. We already have the competition of Oleg and the gang spewing out right now type games and I'd rather wait for the right game instead of the right now game.
Read Luckyboy's Guide For Complete Users...

Luckyboys Guide

For all your hardware needs...

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Postby 1950Norton on Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:16 pm

One thousand bomber London raid with 400 Spitfires ,Hurricanes and 109's ??????????????????? He's probably waiting for the right processor to make that happen. Start saving for a major upgrade.
1950Norton
Lance Air Corporal

Postby Johnny555 on Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:50 pm

1950Norton wrote:One thousand bomber London raid with 400 Spitfires ,Hurricanes and 109's ??????????????????? He's probably waiting for the right processor to make that happen. Start saving for a major upgrade.

Won't be necessary to upgrade. If you have anything around the Athlon64 mark with a decent 128mb+ graphics card and 1024mb memory, you'll be able to run it fine. Maybe not in full detail. But it will still look awesome.
Johnny555
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:52 pm

Johnny555 - true you'll be able to run it but to get it to run at anywhere near the fps as IL2 now, you'll be looking at things that look worse than IL2 now.

There are some serious increases in load on the PC with BoB from IL2, it's a much more complex engine which will require more grunt (but that's progress).

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Oleg has got to make some hard calls. Vista (now not out till 2007 - surprise surprise), 64bit, dual CPUs, DirectX10 - what to make BoB run best on to provide it with a long life??
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Postby Johnny555 on Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:20 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Oleg has got to make some hard calls. Vista (now not out till 2007 - surprise surprise), 64bit, dual CPUs, DirectX10 - what to make BoB run best on to provide it with a long life??

Tough call indeed. Vista would be future proof. And it's not as if there is going to be any competition for him out there. No one is releasing good WW2 flight sims. Infact good sims in general are thin on the ground.
Sure the consoles are getting in on the act, with dummed down versions of supposed sims. But nothing for any serious simmer to get interested in.
Johnny555
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to Storm Of War (Battle Of Britain) Forum