WoV 64 Bit gaming

Forum for discussion of topics relating to Shockwave Productions 'Battle Of Britain - Wings Of Victory'

Moderator: MaXMhZ

WoV 64 Bit gaming

Postby GCU_Grey_Area on Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:47 pm

After playing WoV for a few weeks, I went out and bought an Athlon 3400+ based PC, 2 GBs of Ram, 500MB Video card, etc. Played the game under XP Pro 32 bit - No problems, it ran beautifully. Thought AH HA, lets stick it on a 64 Bit XP professional to take advantage of the proceesor type and squeeze out that extra bit of performance. Nothing, the game wouldn't even start up.

Anyone have a ssimilar experiance? Any ideas to get it running on 64Bit, or do I go back to a 32bit OS?

Thanks,

Chris
GCU_Grey_Area
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Fredrick on Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:13 pm

Hi Chris, i run XP 64 and WoV without problems, though i use 64 bit verified drivers from ATI, and 64 bit based drivers for my sound card, i doubt a sound card is the cause but if all else fail you can give that a try.

Had no problems with any other games either in XP 64, also updating to the latest direct x might help.

DX version: June 2006

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html

Hope this helps :wink:
Fredrick
Air Cadet Level 1

Did the trick - Thanks!

Postby GCU_Grey_Area on Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:24 pm

I'm pretty sure the Direct X loaded up OK when I first installed the game. Maybe this is a newer version?

Anyway, all running nicley now so thanks for the reponse
GCU_Grey_Area
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Fredrick on Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:55 pm

Yes, that's the latest Direct X (newer than the one that came with the game). But if everything is working fine, there is no point updating.
Fredrick
Air Cadet Level 1

Return to Shockwave Productions B.O.B. Wings Of Victory