BOB Wings of victory patches

Forum for discussion of topics relating to Shockwave Productions 'Battle Of Britain - Wings Of Victory'

Moderator: MaXMhZ

BOB Wings of victory patches

Postby RODDERS on Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:47 pm

Hi,
This is my first post to this particular forum. Just bought this game which looks great. Reading comments about it, it seems the updates are necessary for it. I'm still at work so i haven't got home yet to load it.
I just need to ask, do i need only the 2.04, and 2.05 patches as i can't seem to find anything earlier still available.
Thanks.
Rodders.
RODDERS
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MudPuppy on Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:43 pm

Hey Rodders, and welcome to Airwarfare! First off I'd suggest reviewing posts by SeaVee and Osram in this forum category. I don't actually have the game myself but in reviewing posts and links to the Shockwave updates, the 2.05 patch is supposed to include all updates to that point. Therte is the additional "MultiSkin" patch that is an additional downlaod and creates individualized squadron colors and schemes for in-game recognition. Again, I'll defer to the real experts in previous threads.

I've been anxious to try this sim for some time especially since the 2.05 patch and I saw the level of collegial support among the users / developers!

MudPuppy
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Postby Seavee on Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:11 am

Hi sorry I'm late seeing this.

The 2.05 patch is a cumulative patch, you do NOT need the patches that came before.

Install in this order:

1. Install the game from the game CD

2. Install the 2.05 patch

3. Intall multiskin - this is optional but recommended - however you should ONLY install it if your GFX card has 128MB or more on-board VRAM.

I also strongly suggest you:

A) make sure your video and sound card drivers are fully updated

B) go to microsoft's website and download the latest version of DirectX9.0C. It is not commonly known but there was at least one slight change to DX9.0C since its release. Why MS did not call it DX9.0D is beyond me but they didn't. The DX9.0C that is on the game CD may not be the latest iteration so make sure you get this directly from microsoft.
Hindsight alone is not Wisdom and second-guessing is not a Strategy.

George W. Bush 1/31/06
Seavee
Corporal

Return to Shockwave Productions B.O.B. Wings Of Victory