Battle of Britain WOV II control problem

Forum for discussion of topics relating to Shockwave Productions 'Battle Of Britain - Wings Of Victory'

Moderator: MaXMhZ

Battle of Britain WOV II control problem

Postby rvc70 on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:50 am

Can anyone tell me why when I use the "G" key on the Spitfire to lower the landing gear it just lowers about 1/4 of the way and never comes all the way down. I have tried mapping a switch on my joystick also but it still does the same thing. Thank you.
rvc70
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MaXMhZ on Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:42 am

I don't have BoB WoV myself (yet). If it's anything like IL-2, you could try to rock your plane left-right a couple of times and see if this will shake the wheel loose so it drops. I've made a copy of this post in the BoB SoW forum here, maybe it'll be noticed a bit sooner there.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Seavee on Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:16 am

If you are above 160MPH when you try to lower the gear it will be damaged due to the excessive speed and can get stuck.

The same applies to the Spit and Hurricane flaps which only have two settings - fully retracted or fully deployed. In the ME109 you have incremental flaps so those can be partially deployed at higher speeds.

Ideally you should be at 140MPH or less when you lower the landing gear otherwise you will hear and feel (with an FFB stick) buffeting.

You can use the emergency gear release command CTRL+G at that point and they might go down the rest of the way but even if they do they will not come back up again.
Last edited by Seavee on Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hindsight alone is not Wisdom and second-guessing is not a Strategy.

George W. Bush 1/31/06
Seavee
Corporal

Postby rvc70 on Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:37 pm

Ah, so that is the answer. I am sure I was trying to lower the gear at a speed in excess of 160mph. I will have to give it a try at a lower speed, thank you very much for the quick reply, appeciate it.
rvc70
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby rvc70 on Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:43 pm

I just reinstalled BoB 2 WOV with Patch 5 and I am getting the panning view from my CH Yoke I wanted. Thank you very much for the help.
rvc70
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Seavee on Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:25 am

Glad its working OK. Be sure to visit the Shockwave Productions BoB2 website which is probably the most active BoB2 website around.

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/
Hindsight alone is not Wisdom and second-guessing is not a Strategy.

George W. Bush 1/31/06
Seavee
Corporal

Return to Shockwave Productions B.O.B. Wings Of Victory