New Screenshots

Forum for discussion of topics relating to Shockwave Productions 'Battle Of Britain - Wings Of Victory'

Moderator: MaXMhZ

Postby jpinard on Thu May 12, 2005 8:57 am

Well, I have to disagree with most of you on the screenshots. I am SUPER excited about the campaign and new updated graphcis for this game, and the thing that always put me off about Oleg's great sims was bland, boring single play support.

To this date, the most fun I ever had singleplayer was with the Lucasarts old "Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe".
jpinard
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby RickRuski on Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:27 am

Each time I have a look at the screen shots of this projected release, I also have been wondering about the sky colouring, but then I think about the colour of the sky we get here ( New Zealand ) when the sun is setting over by Australia when they have their bush fires. We get similar sky colourings with the effects of the smoke from the bush fires so there would be similar effects from fires of the war with the sun rising over Europe. Don't knock to much the colour of the skies in early morning or afternoon effects because with the smoke hanging in the air this colouring is very likely
RickRuski
RickRuski
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby JSeagull on Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:13 pm

It surprises me that people here have such closed minds!! Also how wrong you are!

If you have the original Rowan's BOB disc then head to http://www.bob-ma.org/ and download the final mod by the developer's group prior to Shockwave partnering with them. The Bob developers group worked on Bob2 for 3 years for nothing and brought it to the level where Shockwave are tweaking everything to match the quality of Firepower and Wings of Power.

Here are links to directly download the mod but you must have the original Rowan's BOB disc installed.

http://194.212.2.121/bob/release/bob_v099.exe

http://simhardware.org//bob_v099.exe

http://bob-ma.ww2airfronts.org/

It is a joy to fly this sim even before the Shockwave improvements and the guys who dedicated themselves to make this happen can only be doing it for the love of the sim and not as I read in a post for "cheap money until Oleg's BOB comes out". Before you slag it you really need to know what you are slagging.

JSeagull
JSeagull
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:01 pm

Closed minds?
Slagging off?

I have seen the above on all forums related to WOV and IL2 when it comes to discussing sims.

All I have seen posted as criticism here has been pretty fair and more than balanced by positive remarks.

While I have seen some pretty outlandish and false critisisms (along side some fair) about the IL-2 series posted on other forums.
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby JSeagull on Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:48 pm

I should have been more specific so I was referring mainly to this post:

Willy wrote:The props don't cut it for me, and all I see looks too much like the original, although I must admit to being a little sceptical about this one. As I have the original, which was ok...in it's day, but was never as good as the IL2 series in my opinion.

I really think that it is just a quicky business venture, to dress up an old and out of date sim, then sell it to the unwitting customer under the hype attached to the much expected Maddox BoB. To be expected, I think, considering that Rowans code was up for grabs (for some years), MS appear to be out of the combat flight sim market and Maddox is sensibly taking his time to produce another leading edge product. A potential gap in the market may be foreseen...

All in all a potentialy sound plan to make cheep money, but....not any of mine :twisted: I'll run IL2/PF for quite some time to come (even after the "real" Maddox BoB is released), and save my extra support, for a genuinely new simulator, like the night warfare one in development "Target for Tonight", http://www.womengamers.com/interviews/t4t.php

O.T. has anyone got any recent news on this one, as their website seems to be down at the moment?
JSeagull
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Seavee on Thu May 11, 2006 12:04 pm

NOTE: The last two images above are skin mods and also use the new shaders and per-pixel lighting effects. The shaders will be in the next 2.04 patch due out by or before 6/30/06 (probably sooner). The per-pixel lighting is still being worked on and may or may not make it into the next patch. It looks pretty awesome though.
Hindsight alone is not Wisdom and second-guessing is not a Strategy.

George W. Bush 1/31/06
Seavee
Corporal

Postby Seavee on Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:19 am

A few from Low Flyer posted at Shockwave:

Hindsight alone is not Wisdom and second-guessing is not a Strategy.

George W. Bush 1/31/06
Seavee
Corporal

Previous

Return to Shockwave Productions B.O.B. Wings Of Victory