IL-2 User Guide - Wiki

This Forum is for discussion concerning the development of a new comprehensive user guide for the IL-2 Series.

Moderator: BlackLion

IL-2 User Guide - Wiki

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:28 pm

I only installed this yesterday but I think I've learned enough to let this get off the ground.

The Wiki has been set up based on the index by II./JG2_Oesau. I have started on an introductory page and a community links page.

Anybody can read pages, registered users can create and edit pages. Only Sysops can undo changes and delete pages.

http://airwarfare.com/mediawiki-1.4.5/index.php?title=Main_Page
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:27 pm

So if I get this correct when someone has edited/added a topic someone else can't change it?

I've seen several entries in the main WikiPedia where contributors disagreed over stuff and when that happened there were discussions (sometimes even warnings about disagreements in the main topic concerned) would that happen in IL-2CCM wiki too ?

Only SysOps can undo changes... What if someone changed something and discovers he made a mistake... He can't undo his change?

Just wondering...

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:31 pm

MaXMhZ wrote:So if I get this correct when someone has edited/added a topic someone else can't change it?

At the moment anybody can edit a page. See * note below.

I've seen several entries in the main WikiPedia where contributors disagreed over stuff and when that happened there were discussions (sometimes even warnings about disagreements in the main topic concerned) would that happen in IL-2CCM wiki too ?

Wikipedia must have hundreds of contributors, I think we will have alot fewer than that, I doubt we will have pages concerning DM and FM or other 'sensitive' topics so will hopefully not suffer from such disagreements.

Only SysOps can undo changes... What if someone changed something and discovers he made a mistake... He can't undo his change?

Just wondering...

*Anybody can edit your page, including you :)

The changes I refer to are vandalism or large edits that may result in a loss of data which you may not be able to easily recover, a sysop could restore an earlier version of the page.

*There is a bug in the current version that does not allow you to save an edited page when you are logged in. So until this bug is fixed anyone can edit your page. Once this bug is fixed only registered members will be able to edit pages, including yours.
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:05 pm

I hope people editing pages get logged - so if (and I don't hope that will happen) stupid stuff gets edited-in the original poster won't get blamed for something someone else did...

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to IL-2CCM (IL-2 Community Created Manual)