ZK-DABLIN - My Contribution

This Forum is for discussion concerning the development of a new comprehensive user guide for the IL-2 Series.

Moderator: BlackLion

Postby ZK-DABLIN on Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:27 am

I've installed MediaWiki on my own (this) computer system. I did so not to start my own website (I dont have the free time for that) but to develop Wiki content for this website offline.

I am on dial-up, and with one phone line in the house my time on the internet is quite limited. I have to be fair to other people in the house. So after a bit of researching I found the only solution was to install MediaWiki onto my local machine. As my system is Windows XP I also installed "TSW The Saint WAMP"; a server suite to make Wiki work on windows.

This will though be quite benficial to this website as it now provides me with a bit more time to work on this website and help make this Online Manual like nothing before it.

I hope this helps.

Snoopy. Concerning the aircraft templates. You are right, a standard format is needed. I truthfully hadn't though that far ahead. I need to still complete the aircraft list.

I will give this some though, but if you are anyone else thinks of the perfect solution why not go with that? I'll try and think of what should be considered and let you guys know what I and you think.

Anyway, good luck with your work - and oh yeah, don't forget IL-2! Remember to play it as much as you can, or you may forget what is keeping you motivated - right?
ZK-DABLIN
Wiki'd Guy

Postby ZK-DABLIN on Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:14 am

I've submitted the new table design for the "Aircraft Listing" on the "Main Page".

Only the 'Flyable Allies' list is complete as of yet, but I will spend all further effort to complete this list.

I hope this design suites everyone, if not please let me know, and if possible a better design solution.

If anyone has an awesome template to use for the main aircraft pages, please feel free to start them with the aircraft I've already listed. I'll get the rest listed in short time - trust me.
ZK-DABLIN
Wiki'd Guy

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:58 am

:prayer: http://airwarfare.com/mediawiki-1.4.5/i ... ft_Listing Love it!!

Crystal clear layout, really shows off what the sim has got. Thanks for all your hard work.

I have been messing around a little trying to get a good ac template together, I try to think in terms of what I want in the end product and then work out how to get there.

I don't know how much time I'll have to work on the guide for the next week as I'm working a 12 day stretch :rolleyes: and I don't want the rest of the site to slip.

But from what I have seen in the last week with contributions from yourself, Ian Boys and CrazySchmidt the guide is making great progress and is in good hands.

Cheers all!!
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby ZK-DABLIN on Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:44 am

I've completed the Aircraft Listing on the Main Page; atleast in terms of the current IL-2 aircraft availability.

Also provided is a link to another section which will list all known World War aircraft which isn't available at all in IL-2.

If in the future any of these aircrafts make it into the game, it wouldn't be too much work to move their link into the aircraft list on the main page.

The precence of all aircraft should help educate the full story of World War Aviation.

PS: Don't overwork yourself too much Snoopy, see you around when you return.

Regards, ZK-DABLIN
ZK-DABLIN
Wiki'd Guy

Postby ZK-DABLIN on Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 am

I've completed and submitted the next two installation sections for both AEP and PF.

I unfortunately do not have IL-2 (the original version) only FB upwards so I cannot accurately create an installation procedure for that version.

If anyone else has that particular version of the IL-2 could you please write the installation procedure for us? Feel free to use what I have written for FB upwards as a template if you wish.

My next intentions are to work on the Aircraft Pages which are provided in the aircraft listing. I will though first wait for you Snoopy, just incase you have already decided a perfect template to use; though I will try and experiment with a few ideas and maybe place it for critizisim on the main page sandbox.
ZK-DABLIN
Wiki'd Guy

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:48 am

Usual High Standard :smt023

For aircraft data I tried using tables,, not successfully,, so I tried this layout:

http://airwarfare.com/mediawiki-1.4.5/i ... ge#Sandbox

The thumbnailed image is so easy to add :)

Code: Select all
[[Image:Bf109e4.JPG|right|250px|thumb|BF109 Thumbnail with blabber Though "Peloponnese" is used to refer to the entire peninsula, the periphery with that name includes only part of that landmass.]]

It gives a basic idea of what we need. Also discovered interwiki linking .
[[WikiPedia:Messerschmitt Bf 109]]
or the piped link
[[ WikiPedia:Messerschmitt Bf 109|BF109 E-4]]

Give a nice clean link to the Wikipedia reference for the example plane.

Please feel free to make what changes you feel are needed
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:57 am

I moved the Aircraft Data pages to their own sections and added an 'Under Development section for third party addons that may or may not make it into the game.
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Previous

Return to IL-2CCM (IL-2 Community Created Manual)