Where on Earth are you?

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy, Proud IL2 ACE

Where on Earth are you?

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:43 pm

I have found another new toy. You have probably seen or heard of Google Earth, well we now have it on M4T
With this version members can place a pin on their location so we all know where you come from.

Features:
- Map can be navigated via mouse (dragging/clicking) or keyboard (arrow keys to move and +/- keys to zoom).
- Entering your location is as easy as clickin gon the map and hitting "OK" if you want to use it as your location.
- Location updates are accomplished in the same manner as entering your initial location.
- Instant zoom to your location.
- Manual entry of member's location in either degrees minutes seconds or decimal degrees.
- You can enter in a location string that will link to your location in google maps. This can be used to do directions to and/or from your location. This link will also be seen in all of your forum posts as it is entered into your profile's location field.
- Provides error notifications if browser is unsupported by Google Maps or javascript is disabled.
- Allows download of Google Earth KML files to show a members information in Google Earth.
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby CrazySchmidt on Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:48 am

I'm somewhere that doesn't zoom that close, but I know what house you live in! LOL :wink:

CS.:)
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:17 pm

Was that you dropped that bottle of wine down the chimney?
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby MudPuppy on Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:09 pm

Very cool addition to M4T, Snoop. Thanks.

Now if this means folks will start dropping wine bottles down my chimney, even better. Just make it a 6-pack and since the chimneys were removed 50 years ago you can leave it on the front seat of the truck. :drinkers:

MudPuppy
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Postby Proud IL2 ACE on Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:10 am

I have regesterd at M4T and my username is il2_ace. If anyone can place a nintendo wii and 3,000 bucks on my porch I will appriciate it. :lol:
Proud IL2 ACE
Flight Sergeant

Return to General Topics