Looking for a Map......

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy, Proud IL2 ACE

Looking for a Map......

Postby Billfish on Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:19 pm

Hi All;

I'm trying to find a "digitally scanned" online image of a "in Japanese and from 1942-1944" New Guinea/New Britain map I can download. Obviously the higher the resolution the better. Any help would be appreciated, the following map area the most important though more better.

K2
Billfish
Lance Air Corporal

Postby MudPuppy on Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:47 am

Whew! Talk about a late response...I read this early last week and did some cyber scouting during my lunch hour. sadly i couldn't find any maps that were of higher quality or definition than the one you pasted here.
I browsed through the Library of Congress, USA which has some great maps that you can download for free. I also checked a military college's collection. The few that i found were "overview" maps and not the operational or tactical maps that i think you are looking for.

It wasn't a total waste of time though;, I did find a 1866 hand drawn map of my home county that even shows my very own home and the mill the original owners ran.

Luck!
Mudpuppy
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Postby MaXMhZ on Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:04 pm

Nice find MudPuppy! lol

Good idea too, did a search through the Dutch Royal Library and the Dutch Military archives - no map found yet.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Billfish on Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:27 am

Thanks for the effort, yet once more as I have loads of awesome maps in english.......I'm trying to find an actual "Japanese" map, or at least one in Japanese......

Thanks for the efforts guys.

K2
Billfish
Lance Air Corporal

Return to General Topics