Anybody know what happened to IL2 Skins?

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy, Proud IL2 ACE

Anybody know what happened to IL2 Skins?

Postby screwysquirrel on Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:24 am

I've been trying to log on there the past week and no luck. Have they bit the dust?
screwysquirrel
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:16 am

il2skins are currently offline, for more details see:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=400102&f=45410763&m=3011031562
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby Luckyboy1 on Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:11 am

Maybe this is a dumb idea, but what keeps Sharx from teaming up with Eurosnoopy and combining the sites under one IP and server?

The buying power combined should give you a better connection as well as a better server.

Sharx lives in the frozen wasteland of the Great White North America (Cananda) and Eurosnoopy I assume lives with as they say in the Southeastern United States... them thare forieners :wink: so one could watch the sitre during what would be my daytime and another at what would be my beddy bye time!

Just a thought and you all know that my waste is a terrible thing to mind! :shock:
Read Luckyboy's Guide For Complete Users...

Luckyboys Guide

For all your hardware needs...

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:16 am

As much as I would like to help Sharx but his isp charges per month are similar to mine per year. :smt010

All the ads and paypal on the site just about net the $93 per year this site costs to host so there is nil to spare even for the minor improvements I would like to make to the site.

PS I'm in the 51st state of the USA (colonies), very much to the East :wink: Ask Hunter82 about me and tea parties :smt065
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby yuluma on Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:03 pm

does anywon no why its off
or how long it will be off for
or where were supposed to get skins in the meantime boooohhhhhhhoooo im so sad .

nice to see another aussie
badgerbadgerbadger
yuluma
Lance Air Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:35 pm

AFAIK (and I dunno much lol) it went offline because of a stupid mistake realy - The owner is in Canada, while ISP was in America - there seems to have been a misunderstanding between them about payment (Canadian/US Dollars) and the ISP (might have been his vendor too) took the site off without even a warning :(

Last I heard he found a new ISP and is now busy updating the Site's software before going online again.

It's like the IL-2 patches - 2 weeks :)

Although I don't use d/l skins myself - it's times like these that a site like IL-2Skins (just like mudmovers/AirWarfare did when it went down) proofs its worth to the community realy.

So be supportive and patient I'd say :)

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to General Topics