Please Remove The Name Luckyboy From The Guide

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy, Proud IL2 ACE

Please Remove The Name Luckyboy From The Guide

Postby Luckyboy1 on Tue May 17, 2005 3:26 pm

Luckyboy's Guide For Complete Users is simply my writing down the good ideas others have come up with. It is NOT my guide.

However, at this time, I wish to put as much distance between myself and the UBI community as possible. I have been banned over there for a few days apparently due to this thread...

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f ... 6291012123

Now, you'll notice that Barry does not say a thing about the guy saying...

Thanks Luckyboy....just the sort of pointless response that I expected from you after seeing your other posts....now for all those who would care to be constructive....

Yet Barry calls me to task in that thread for my comments and then I get as they put it...

a few days off from the forums.

I've e-mailed steve v and asked him to make the ban forever. Why? Well, one of two things are going on here....

1) The bulk of my posts truly are trash and if that is the case, I really, really should have been banned a long time ago.

or

2) This represents the continuing sad efforts to discredit me around the forums and to hold me to an impossible standard that nobody else there is required to do. If it is this rather than the first one, then in true Montana form, I should respond by leaving the lot copmpletely alone.

To that end, I have sent out a couple e-mails in the last couple of days trying my very best to burn the bridges behind me in case I get weak and pathetic and attempt to try and crawl on my belly back to the forums... kinda like Hunter82 did!...

Anyways, to begin with, I do not want my behavior to fall back on this website in any way, so please remove the Luckyboy from the Guide. Hell, rename it CrazyIvan's Follie for all I care. Just remember that you shouldn't mind because I simply do not matter.

Hey, at least georgeo thinks I conform to theory number one here per his post about my e-mail. Of course, he's too much of a coward to call me out by name....

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f ... 8871058123

and steve v thinks he's spot on and I respect their opinions, so anyways, to the entire IL-2 Community from the bottom of my heart, please, please...

Jump short, and bounce twice!
Read Luckyboy's Guide For Complete Users...

Luckyboys Guide

For all your hardware needs...

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Postby Luckyboy1 on Tue May 17, 2005 3:32 pm

Also, please remove the

callingelvis911@yahoo.com

address from the guide as I will no longer be responding to anyone on any IL-2 type issues.

Luckyboys Guide

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Tue May 17, 2005 11:59 pm

The Ubi Forums strike again... I personally hardly ever go there for a number of reasons I wont go into (and if I were to go into them and they found there way to Ubi, I'd be banned for opening requesting information about ahem... that update we have been waiting on for little while").

This is my fav forum by far (well, outside my squadron forum), no need to go any where else really
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Postby Luckyboy1 on Wed May 18, 2005 1:45 pm

While I appreciate the thoughts, I've found it is a very, very complicated thing. It would seem I'm no longer banned over at UBI even though I've asked steve v twice to leave the ban in place and make it a forever thing. I've e-mailed him one more time trying to get the ban put back in place and I'll wait another day before going over to UBI and forcing the issue on them.

To begin with, let's just start with the patch whining. You know, you just can't ask innocently...

Any news on the patch?

First, very few people just ask it like that. They gotta add some sort of nonproductive spin on it. They'll add coments on how sad they think this or that is and the next thing you know, the thread is off to the races on a nonproductive spin towards patch hysteria and hurt feelings.

Even if you just simply ask the question straight up, there is this assumption that you posted it to cause trouble. I really think we need to begin ignoring even the idea that a place like Complete Waste OF Space even exists. It would seem that the world of UBI wastes too much time thinking of that. If someone has posted for the CWOS reasons, we should just proceed as if that wasn't a concern. To that you might say...

But they're over at SWOS snickering at us!

Ok, so big deal, they have no life at all. I don't mind because they simply don't matter and we should proceed with each post as if they didn't exist. It would be the best way to make sure they went away because it truly is a mind over matter thing.

I guess, the roots of the problems over at UBI forums are as many and as varied as humanity itself. I would love to point to Bearcat or CrazyIvan and say...

These are bad people!

The problem with that is that it simply isn't true. They don't get paid for their efforts... well, that's not exactly true. They get paid with nasty e-mails, insults to their general character, their attempts to remain available by e-mail leads them to being signed up for spam and virus's willingly sent and DOS attacks and God knows what else that I really don't want to think about. It proves beyond a doubt that no good deed goes unpunished.

Instead, what you have is a combination of all too human failings combined with competing interests. Just some of the all too human failings are...

1) Nobody likes to admit to being wrong. How come I'm the only guy who publically makes mistakes over there?... or so it would seem. That's not exactly true, but true enough to pose the question just like that. Still, every long now and then I see someone else around there be man enough to not worry about being cool and just flat come out with it. We all make these mistakes and it helps to know what the mistakes are for two main reasons..

A) It warns the reader of a possible problem that by simply adult conversation can be avoided.

B) It shows that even the smart guys make mistakes and that makes computers and the game less intimidating to new people, who by the way, are the life blood of this game.

Instead, people who are new feel they gotta crawl in on their belly and call themselves a "noob". Well, we are all new to the game. If you think you've mastered this extensive game, you are in need of therapy and possibly medication.

2) Something I like to call...

Incidents and accidents, hints and alligations.

Jealousy, misunderstanding other's intents and just downright petty skull duggery to gain a percieved perk or advantage. This is the sort of thing that leads to people I like... take for instance georgeo, he makes the sad assumption I'm out for some kind of power grab. Now come on, anyone with the sense God gave chickens knows that isn't true.

3) Belief systems. Guess what?... we all have them! Think it doesn't affect your judgement?... well, that's a belief system right there! LOL I'm not talking about politcal belief systems or religeous belief systems or even moral belief systems or lack of them that all play into it. I'm talking about something even more basic than that. I'm talking about the basic, core way people perceive the world and unconciously want to enforce these baic beliefs upon the world. Hey, I'm guilty of it! We all are, but at least I try and go for the idea Socrates put out a while back that says that the unexamined life is not worth living.

Still, I can admire some belief system that is as repugnant as the Nazi system more than the belief system most participate in. You guessed it!... it's the belief system that makes all forms of evil possible and that is no belief system whatsoever regardless of what nonsense comes out of their mouths! My experience in life has just sadly shown that people will cut off parts of their own body to gain some small possible advantage. They will say and or do anything to get what they want. Their biggest sin is simply allowing evil nonsense to proceed unchecked because it would not immediately serve them to speak up. Yes, not believing in anything is a belief system in of itself and allows all sorts of fun to go on. This is how we can get statements out of our leaders that don't get laughed down immedialtely even though we all know it is a lie like...

America is Satan!

This is not about oil, it is about naked aggression! :shock:

Nobody wants to enherit an enemy, so they bow down to the Nazi's of the world and let if go with all the slack it desires.

Then there's the problems of competing interests.

1) I think the one that is the biggest, and is rather unique to this game is what I like to call...

The Aviation enthusiests vs. The Gamers.

I'm an aviation enthusiest. I have no desire to play Space Munchies III or some Frozen Throne game. In fact, if it wasn't for flight sims, I wouldn't play any games on a computer... except maybe that cool Michael Jackson baby catching game! :P This leads a company like UBI to completely ignore folks like me. They think that because I won't fork out $40.00 a game for every first person sh!tter game that comes down the intestines of the industry that I'm simply not a valid customer. What they fail to grasp is that the aviation crowd actually buys the game instead of stealing it. Most of the aviation crowd is made up of older players who have a job and childern and a life... ok, so I have no life at all, but most of the aviation types do. Come on over to my house and I'll show you the legally purchased discs. The gaming crowd is a more of a mixed bag. To them, this is just another game. The aviation types readily know this is just a game, but for most of them, flight sims are their only game.

So while the Aviation crowd wants a reliable game that is as faithfully representative as possible toward flight on a PC as possible, the gaming crowd gives lip service to that and wants every stupid trick they've seen in any other game loaded on top of a game that already overburdens our computers.

2) Social groups. Man, this sort of Jr. High school thing is as old as time.

3) 1:C's interests vs. UBI's interests. I have this theory that 1:C doesn't want this game to succeed right now so that when their contract expires with UBI, they may be able to pick up rights to the game on the cheap. At the same time, UBI is far from blameless here. Like most of the gaming industry, they are used to pennies from heaven falling upon them in large quantities for little effort. They only marketed this game to get Oleg to punch up code for some other types of games, mostly first person shooters.

4) The mods against everyone else. Like cops, they will swallow the most repugnant behavior by their peers rather than be devoured by the masses. or at least that's what they feel their optons are, and to a very small extent, they are right. Still, it leads to sins in excess of any possible benefit.

5) Old folks vs. Young folks interests and I think young folks assume us old farts know all the small and petty things that make up the thread type society and have little patients for our social failings.

6) East vs. West interests and the odd way Germany gets slid into kinda a sczitsoid catagory in the whole thing.

7) Just plain ole National interests.

8) Political interests.

9) Faith based interests.

10) Fanboy interests and CrazyIvan and Hunter82 are almost as bad about this as RBJ.

All I kinow is that in the end, we are allowing this to destroy the game.

By the way, wanna know what got me started on this whole gaming thing? Well, my 79 year old Father is dying of something called asbestosis. About the only thing we can talk about without being at each other's throat is aviation. To that end, I was hoping to get this game in some shapew that he could tolerate. I see now that it will never happen. and for that, may you all exit the plane at high speed and low altitude and bounce twice! If this makes me a bitter, petty old man, so be it!

Luckyboys Guide

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Postby WWSensei on Wed May 18, 2005 2:44 pm

Luckyboy,

I don't have a dog in this fight but if you don't want to post on Ubi then just don't. No one forces you to go there. Posting there complaining that the mods haven't banned you just comes across really badly for you--to those that don't know the story it just seems like you are clamoring for attention. You have some valid points, but continuing to post there complaining about it isn't helping your valid points at all. If you are done with them then be done with them and move on--there are plenty of alternatives.
WWSensei
Flight Sergeant

Postby SeaNorris on Wed May 18, 2005 3:12 pm

No-One is forcing you to go to UBI. To be honest, if you want to be banned, why never go and never return. 8)
SeaNorris
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Big_Bad on Wed May 18, 2005 3:20 pm

sorry to hear about all your troubles LB. youv helped me out a great deal in the past and while i might not always agree with some things, i have always noted your heart being in the right place. i thought you geting banned over that comment was a little BS my self and dont realy blame you for wanting to just distence your self from UBI forum. i would not worry about it to much though you always got friends.
Big_Bad
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Luckyboy1 on Wed May 18, 2005 3:41 pm

Why not just go away? Well, 2 reasons...

1) It gives the impression that I approve of UBI forums and the way they are run.

2) It keeps me from becoming mealy mouthed and crawling back on my belly to the forum... kinda like Hunter82 did!

Kids, haven't I embarrassed myself enough here? Mods, you banned me and I'm gonna do my best to insure that you get exactly what you wanted. Give it up. Don't make me have to start talking about abortion and religion and politics of all kinds and insulting people about their National or cultural heritage. Gee, where was that link to the KKK anyways?

Luckyboys Guide

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Postby WWSensei on Wed May 18, 2005 4:09 pm

Luckyboy1 wrote:Why not just go away? Well, 2 reasons...

1) It gives the impression that I approve of UBI forums and the way they are run.

2) It keeps me from becoming mealy mouthed and crawling back on my belly to the forum... kinda like Hunter82 did!

Kids, haven't I embarrassed myself enough here? Mods, you banned me and I'm gonna do my best to insure that you get exactly what you wanted. Give it up. Don't make me have to start talking about abortion and religion and politics of all kinds and insulting people about their National or cultural heritage. Gee, where was that link to the KKK anyways?

I'm going to be blunt here, but not out of animosity just in hoping you can see this in a different light as I think you are doing yourself far more harm than good.

Your point 1. No, it doesn't look like you approve of Ubi and they way they are run. Honestly, no one really cares what you think about how Ubi is run. They have their own opinion--good or bad. All it really does is make you look like a drama queen who wants attention. I don't think that is your intent but it is how it comes across.

Your point 2. If you feel so strongly about "crawling back like Hunter82" then don't. Show some self control and move on. If you really need them to lock you out to protect yourself from doing something you despise they aren't the ones with the problem--you are.

Threatening to bring up all sorts of topics just to make a stand and get banned? Sorry Luckyboy, you've done a lot for the overall community but that just comes across as immature, irrational whining and cheapens you and the things you've done. Instead of making Ubi look bad it ends up making them look right and you come across as just an ass. You are falling on your sword for a useless cause.

You aren't delivering the message you think you are. Just the opposite. Stop for minute and look at what you are doing to yourself and your reputation. I am not a mod there or a very big fan of Ubi. Just trying to be honest with you as to how you are coming across.
WWSensei
Flight Sergeant

Postby Big_Bad on Wed May 18, 2005 4:41 pm

Luckyboy1 wrote:Why not just go away? Well, 2 reasons...

O link to the KKK hold on i have it right..... :shock: i mean ...uhmm whats the KKK :lol: j/k
Big_Bad
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Luckyboy1 on Wed May 18, 2005 4:42 pm

Sensei, I really appreciate the effort. Actually, I'm not wanting the attention. In fact, I'm quite surprised I didn't get what I hoped for. And you're right, my lousy morals (bet some of you guys think I don't have any!) won't let me post such trash for any reason anywhere. So all that KKK stuff was just a bluff on my part, but I still can't see how CrazyIvan figured that out! Wasn't I pulling off a pretty good version of a borderline psychotice person? Where did I go wrong?!

Man, first I got so old and decreped that my daughter's friends think I'm harmless. Now I can't even get myself banned. How depressing! Oh the humanity! Just goes to show that hell on earth is a bottomless pit!

Luckyboys Guide

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Wed May 18, 2005 10:03 pm

All this stops now.

This does not happen on this forum, ever, period.

You are discussing people who are not around to defend themselves. You are using this forum to run down another.

All very, very bad form.

This forum is for the discussion and promotion of the Flight Sim genre, not for chest thumping bullshit like this.

For the first time I have had to step in and moderate this forum. I am bitterly disappointed.
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Return to General Topics