Can a Saitek X52 Throttle be used with a MSFFB2 joystick?

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy, Proud IL2 ACE

Can a Saitek X52 Throttle be used with a MSFFB2 joystick?

Postby Seavee on Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:14 pm

Hello all. This is my first post but I've been a lurker for a while. Excellent community you all have here.

I have a Microsoft Forcefeedback 2 joystick that I love.

I am considering getting the Saitek X52 HOTAS system but only want to use the throttle - not the joystick - because I HAVE to have the force feedback.

Does anyone know if I can use ONLY the Saitek throttle along with my MSFFB2 joystick?

Thanks in advance.
Hindsight alone is not Wisdom and second-guessing is not a Strategy.

George W. Bush 1/31/06
Seavee
Corporal

Postby T_O_A_D on Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:35 pm

Yes you can.

Just set the X-52 stick off to the side.

I have mine X-45 stick setting in front of the trottle and I use it as a button bay. I even used teh X-45 profiler to ban the joystick axis to 4 buttons. I use it for gear, drop tanks, tail hook and canopy.
See Ya in the Sky's !!!!!!
My real AT-6 Flight
I.O.C.L
T_O_A_D
Corporal

hat look on X52 throttle

Postby shockandawe on Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:39 pm

HI, guys.

I have a followon for this question. I am considering getting an X52 system and wondered about use of the hat switch on the throttle for looking? I have an old Wingman force now and looking with the hat switch on that is not too good. It isn't very smooth and you can't really track a bogie when you are maneuvering.

I think some folks use a ball mouse for looking. Instead of the X52 should I just add a ball mouse with some buttons to my existing stick?

Thanks.
shockandawe
Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:27 am

Although I use an evo +X45 Throttle...
The evo is comparable to the X52 stick.

The Saitek profiler utility has the ability to put the evo's hat switch into "mouse mode" which I did. It then emulates the mouse. I also have some buttons defined to "Toggle VOF" which will cycle through different views, and look straight ahead (NumPad 5 default). After setting the sensitivity for mouse movement which takes a little time, this works great for me. As a bonus I now have an extra mouse lol - not very practicle, but it does work :)
The same can be done with hatswitches on the throttle.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Bearcat on Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:55 pm

T_O_A_D wrote:Yes you can.

Just set the X-52 stick off to the side.

I have mine X-45 stick setting in front of the trottle and I use it as a button bay. I even used teh X-45 profiler to ban the joystick axis to 4 buttons. I use it for gear, drop tanks, tail hook and canopy.

Like this... I did the same thing.. Only I used my X-45 stick as a lever for my gear... auto manual raise, manual lower and TW lock. Note how the stick is off to the side,, and since you wont be using it to fly it doesnt have to be on the right side. You can use all those buttons and program them to do something. It'll keep you off the keyboard.

Then if you are feeling creative you can do this....

resulting in something like this.......
332nd V.F.G. REDTAILS

Sturmovik Essentials
Bearcat
Sergeant

Postby MudPuppy on Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:07 pm

Innovative adaptation with the X45 controller, I like it. And I'm glad to see someone else with with a messy desk. :P

Mudpuppy
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Postby MaXMhZ on Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:59 pm

"messy desk"? :smt046 ypu should see my desk - (you can't - only all the stuff it's cluttered with)

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to General Topics