I think it would be nice if more said where they were from.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy, Proud IL2 ACE

Postby mane_raptor on Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:56 pm

I'm Raptor from deep in the backwoods part of the Great North Woods of Maine, USA.

The town I live in has just too many "p"'s, "q"'s "k"'s and "b"s for one human mouth to get around properly. It's one of them "Indian" words, and I'm not sure what it means (I've heard tell it means either "Can't Drag Dead Moose" or "Too Cold to Pee-Pee Outside Tee-Pee", take your choice. :? )

My hobbies are snow plowing/throwing/shoveling during winter (6 months per year); lawn mowing/branch trimming/brush clearing/and generally being blackfly bait during summer/fall (5.25 months); and mucking out the garage during mud season (.75 months).

My long range plan is to assemble 4 simpits and human pilots; train them in IL2 FB/AEP/PF via a LAN; and once formed into a well-oiled, finely meshed fighter sqdn, log into the different net multiplay lobbies .........

und zhen ve vill KONQUER ZE VORLD!!!!!

Other than that, just a normal, shy retired granddad. :roll:
Check Six and Aim for the Cockpit
mane_raptor
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby 96th_Nightshifter on Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:01 am

Hey all,

My name is Phil Wyne, 26 years old from sunny Scotland (as I look out of the window and see a bus flying past), kinda extreme weather here at the moment - 100mph winds!!!
I'm with the 96thCAF Squad, have been since March of last year. I work as an Inventory Analyst for (cough) Microsoft; got two kids - Brianna 6 Years old and Matthew 2 Years old. Been with my gorgeous partner since High School days (sick bag anyone?).

Salute!
96th_Nightshifter
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:43 am

Well as you can see from my profile I live in Sydney, Australia. However I was born in Wellington, New Zealand having moved over here to Australia at the end of 1999. Have been married for a little over a year now, and to an beautiful Australian which always results in a bitter stand-off when it comes to sport (though both her parents are NZ Born with her father being a Marori - so you could say that shes more of a Kiwi than I am since my father is from Scotland).

Have always had an interest in aviation and can always remember having aircraft books from a very early age. The periods of aviation have always changed throughout my life, from modern to WWII. But I've always had a soft spot for German II aircraft and for naval aviation (is a dream to one day fly on and off of a aircraft carrier). When home computers came along I was always trying to get my hands on flight sims/games. I started off with Flight Sim (don?t know the version) that was nothing more than white wire frames on a black background. That was the start of my world of flight simming that allowed me to fly aircraft (in the virtual world). I remember my first training flight and my instructor was talking about flight sims and how stupid they were. He was during the flight impressed with my flying ability and understanding of flight. He began to suspect that I already had some hours under my belt. However, I got to lay it on the line "it's the flight simulator that I use that has helped me". Of course I don?t pretend to think that flight sims are like the real thing, but they do give you a good grasp of the basics (and some not so basics).

Anyway, enough rambling from me!
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Postby screwysquirrel on Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:22 am

I don't say where I'm from anymore since a nut I called ignorant on Whiteblaze has threatened to kill me. You really don't know who it is you communicate with on the web. So better be safe than have a nut stalking ya.
screwysquirrel
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby CrazySchmidt on Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:26 am

screwysquirrel wrote:I don't say where I'm from anymore since a nut I called ignorant on Whiteblaze has threatened to kill me. You really don't know who it is you communicate with on the web. So better be safe than have a nut stalking ya.

The idea is just to say what country and city perhaps without giving anything to much more away than that.

Cheers, CrazySchmidt. :)
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Postby screwysquirrel on Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:09 am

(The idea is just to say what country and city perhaps without giving anything to much more away than that). Sorry if I seemed rather unsporting but I'm from Jacksonville, Fl and currently live in the snowy heartland of the US (Ohio). A little town on the banks of the Ohio river called Gallipolis. The city of the Gauls. This forum provides more about IL2 than some of the others I've been to. Plus you can get almost everything you need for the sim here. Great site.
screwysquirrel
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby CrazySchmidt on Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:33 am

Yep EURO_Snoopy is doing a great job with this site and it gets better and better with time. It's the one stop IL-2 shop :smt003

Cheers, CrazySchmidt. :)
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Postby Luckyboy1 on Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:13 am

I can't remember where I'm from because I've got so many people telling me where to go! :?
Read Luckyboy's Guide For Complete Users...

Luckyboys Guide

For all your hardware needs...

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Postby WWSensei on Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:39 pm

Born in Spain and grew up in various states. Mainly Lousisana. Lived in Texas, Mississippi, Indiana, Missouri and Virginia in the States. Lived in Germany for 4 years and Africa (Ivory Coast primarily) for nearly 2.
WWSensei
Flight Sergeant

Postby Maple_Tiger on Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:30 pm

I'll try and make this simple so that ya all will understand. First, i was an army brat and we moved around alot.

My father was stationed in Lar Germany,or something. Then one day my mother got pregnent,and I popped out. Three years later, two babys popped out. We then moved to Shilo, Canadian Military base in Manitoba, and lived there for about 7 years. My pappa decided to quit the army, and we moved to Brandon Manitoba. We lived here for about 25 years. Then I did something realy stupid and ended up in Prison for 3 years. I then moved to Fredericton, Newbrunswick to stay with my parents becasue I had no where els to go lol. Now that my upgrading is almost finished, I will be moving to St.John, an hour a way.

My hobbies are flight simming lol and drinking.
Maple_Tiger
Air Cadet Level 2

Previous

Return to General Topics