QMT... Multiple problems...

A place for discussion about QMT, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

QMT... Multiple problems...

Postby Snacko on Wed May 21, 2008 4:56 pm

I emailed support yesterday, but have not heard back. Since this forum seems like it doesn't get much use, I wonder if the support has been abandoned possibly?

I downloaded QMT 1946 v2.0.4 two days ago and used the Directory button to select mission folders and look around. I had several campaigns to convet to coops, so I started converted the first one. After it was converted, I moved the mission folder and renamed it to organize my coop missions.

It seems like after that the program is screwed up. Now when I load QMT it starts to 're-install' from the temp .msi file. The setup appears and the progress scrollbar starts and then a window appears saying it cannot find part of the setup and it is on a removable disk and I should browse to find it. I click cancel about 7 times and finally QMT Loads. This seems to happen randomly, but when it does it always takes 7 cancels to get rid of the set and load the app. But that does no good because the directory button is also broken.

Also, when I click the directory button to select a mission folder, the app just locks up. The title bar says (not responding) and I have to end the task. Always... So, it's useless now...

When I select the 'Skin Manager' from the Tools Menu: Runtime Error 9: Subscript out of Range error.
The Aircraft Images folder is empty. I don't know if it is supposed to be or not as I don't see a readme file or any reference to it in the Help file.

The Error.txt file usually has no errors in it. Today I did notice it had an error that said something about LoadAircraftList had an invalid something. I can't remember exactly, but I've seen that error before as I am also a developer. It looked like it got stuck in an endless loop. That would explain why it stops responding, and also why the error message doesn't always get written out.

Here is the Error.txt file from the last time it crashed:

Code: Select all
English (United States)     Start Up
C:\Program Files\Quick Mission Tuner      Start Up
Windows XP    Start Up
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\           Start Up

Any help would be greatly appriciated because this will save me a ton of time converting campaigns to coops!

Also, Thank you to Shift_E for creating this tool. If I can get it to work it will be a great aid in my conversions.

Snacko
(aka WBK: www.Touch-Buddy.com)
Snacko
Air Cadet Level 1

Re: QMT... Multiple problems...

Postby MaXMhZ on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:33 pm

Sorry for the late reply Snacko - Airwarfare.com in general does not see much traffic anymore. The vast majority of members now visit http://www.mission4today.com our sister site that specializes in the IL-2 Series and it's coming successor Storm of War.

I don't think support has been stopped. Just give it some time Shift_E will be along soon, I have no doubt. He's been doing an wonderful job supporting his great utilities.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to Quick Mission Tuner (QMT)