THANK YOU!

A place for discussion about QMT, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

THANK YOU!

Postby ~HH~ Beebop on Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:37 pm

I've been using your QMT for some time now and find it to be an invaluable tool. I do a lot of work in the FMB but find it's easy to change planes, flight assignments, altitudes and waypoints using the QMT. It sure beats making these changes manually.
I was saddend when it appeared that there would not be an update for the previous version. All these 46 missions and no easy way to edit.

Bless you E for updating your fine program!

~S~
Mountain climbers say they climb moutains because they are there. I build missions because they're not yet made.
~HH~ Beebop
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Shift_E on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:27 pm

Thank you! :smt023
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Postby ~HH~ Beebop on Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:13 am

E,

The new version still doesn't recognize any mission or folders that were made using 4.07 or 4.08.
I read somewhere that the maps and planes can be added manually. IIRC there was a particular syntax that was used where the map name and the plane name were repeated with a comma. Is this correct? If so what is the syntax to use? Or did I do something wrong? (I followed the instructions that said to uninstall previous versions before installing the current one.)
Sorry if I'm being a nimrod here. :smt101
Mountain climbers say they climb moutains because they are there. I build missions because they're not yet made.
~HH~ Beebop
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Shift_E on Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:54 am

~HH~ Beebop wrote:E,

The new version still doesn't recognize any mission or folders that were made using 4.07 or 4.08.
I read somewhere that the maps and planes can be added manually. IIRC there was a particular syntax that was used where the map name and the plane name were repeated with a comma. Is this correct? If so what is the syntax to use? Or did I do something wrong? (I followed the instructions that said to uninstall previous versions before installing the current one.)
Sorry if I'm being a nimrod here. :smt101

Hey BeeBop,

All the planes, weapons and maps where updated in the new version. There are two places to set the file paths for QMT to work correctly. The first is in the Tools/Preference on the menu bar, this will tell QMT where the game path is so QMT can find the skin folders. Once that path is set you can forget about it unless you move the IL2 game folder to a new location. The second is the mission folders, by clicking on the "Directory" button on the bottom left corner of QMT. This is where you can point to any of the game mission folders for editing, just make sure you are pointing to the correct game folder especially if you have more than one install of IL2. The status bar at the bottom of QMT will tell you what mission folder QMT is working in.

QMT version 2 will only work on IL2 1946 and you shouldn't install over an older version of QMT.
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Postby ~HH~ Beebop on Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:04 pm

Thanks E :smt023

Works fine now. Took a bit to figure out. I really had to "massage" it. LOL! Not hard though.

(**breathes sigh of relief as his favorite tool is back up and running**)

:smt026 :smt041 :smt048 :smt050 :supz:
~HH~ Beebop
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to Quick Mission Tuner (QMT)