Problems with saving skin names

A place for discussion about QMT, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

Problems with saving skin names

Postby Flatlander on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:12 am

Hi,

I saw a posting below from someone who has the same problem I have.
I was running QMT 1.9.5 and I upgraded to 1.9.6 today to see if there was a fix, but it doesnt seem to be.

Before I launch into the problem I'd just like to say that I really enjoy your program. Its great. I use it all the time. It has saved me hours of FMB time! very cool. Thanks so much.

OK.

I make a mission in FMB. Then I add the details that are easy to put in through QMT like Squadron names and skill levels etc... and skin names.

So I add a custom skin name to a set of planes and then save.
If I then go an open the mission file in FMB, the skin names are gone and have been replaced by default.

It is as if the format of the skin name or placement on the file, is not being read by FMB.

QMT doesnt seem to have a problem reading the custom skin names added in by FMB, but somehow the reverse is not true.

I took a flight of 4 Bf 109 E4s and assigned skins in FMB
and got:

skin0 Poland E-4 swastika.bmp
skin1 Poland E-4 swastika.bmp

I open the file in QMT and QMT reads them OK. Then I assign the 2nd two planes the same skin names and save, the text file now reads:

skin0 poland e-4 swastika.bmp
skin1 poland e-4 swastika.bmp
skin2 Poland E-4 swastika.bmp
skin3 Poland E-4 swastika.bmp

The 3rd and 4th have the right names but the first two have lost their capitals.

This causes a problem when opening in FMB again.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,
Flatlander
Flatlander
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Willy on Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:51 pm

Hi,

I had a similar problem, since updating to 1.9.6. in that QMB would not update the change I made to missions.

So, before all else I decided to try re-installing the program, which worked :D

To do that, I removed it through the normal method, control panel/add remove software, then checked to see if anything was left over on the hard drive, which it was, ie. folder with back-ups etc. I then deleted all of that, rebooted my machine and re-installed as normal, and it now works just fine...or appears to.

hope this helps.
Willy
Pilot Officer

Return to Quick Mission Tuner (QMT)