help

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

help

Postby dad12 on Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:20 am

Okay, I installed a full install. Trained recognizer in 5.1. Did the Builder for a real simple for Falcon FS-BMS102. Gear, speedbrake,chaff, flare. tested commands, found matches. saved profile. Opened VAC, loaded BMS profile. got the "P" and green "O" in the tray, started game, nothing in the sound department. What did i miss?
dad12
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby 3DFlyer on Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:15 am

It's not issueing any commands? If not, list what simulation, and what profile you are using. Also, what headset are you using and is the mic turned on? Also be sure if your headset has a mute button that it is not muted. It could have been muted even if you didn't realize it. Sometimes I do it by accident becasue the mute button has a clip that clips to my pants or belt and somnetimes it gets pinched. hehe

Barring any of those easy fixes, we'll need to know which simulation/game, and which profile.
3DFlyer
Corporal

Postby dad12 on Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:44 pm

The mike doesn't have a mute button. I checked the mike in the Profile Builder using the "Test Phrase" function and it works. I created the profile myself using a few simple functions to see if it worked. The game is the original Falcon 4 (not AF),patched up to most current version.

I also didn't assign any buttons in the "Profile Activation Key" section. They are all on default "None". I assume that means always activated. Right? Wrong?
dad12
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Shift_E on Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:37 pm

Hi Dad12,

It sounds like you started VAC System okay, on the microphone icon in the system tray the “P” means the profile is loaded and the “O” means VAC is on. You are also correct, VAC is activated and ready with the "Profile Activation Key" set to default. Form your description it sounds like VAC is working, but it may not be sending the keys you expect. With VAC running and your profile loaded try the keyboard tester, then say your actions phrases and see if the command keys are sending correctly to the tester. The KB tester on off switch works by clicking in the top left corner on the words “keyboard inactive”.

If the keyboard tester shows commands being sent when you speak a phrase, then I would guess the key commands are not correct in the profile. Make sure any commands are entered in the poser case, in most games there is a difference between upper and lower case character commands.

While working with a new profile you may want to assign a success sound to the action so you have some feedback telling the action phrase was recognized. If you look in “C:\WINDOWS\Media” there are many sounds to choose from “ding.wav” is my favorite for testing.

I hope this help,
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Postby dad12 on Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:13 pm

I figured it out. Not enough speech training. It wasn't recognizing some of the words I was using. On one I forgot to assign a command. Duh. Great program. Thanks
dad12
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby 3DFlyer on Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:24 am

Another thing you can do to help with that is right click the VAC system Icon, then under configuration click profile properties and click the check box under background adaption. Also move the slider called pronunciation sensitivity up one notch. That is the settings I have, and they work flawlessly. With that background adaption checked, the program will get better, and better. I go through the Microsoft Speech Recognition Training, and also the War of The Worlds training session. If you do those two it should be sufficient.

If it still does not recognize commands very well, it may be your mic. The better the mic is, and the better the noise canceling is, the better it will work.

I use a Plantronics GameCom 1 USB DSP headset, and it works flawlessly.
3DFlyer
Corporal

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)