Push to talk -need multiple keys.

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

Push to talk -need multiple keys.

Postby DocJon on Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:35 pm

Hey, just DL'ed VAC ysterday for use in Battlefield 2. It has a lot of weapons and in-game functions that will be nice to tie to voice-activation. . .I'm going to test it thoroughly for a couple days, but I'm guessing you'll have my $9.99 before long.

One thing I've noticed already: I like the Push-to-Talk key, as I use Teamspeak while I game. However, in BF2, there is already a VoIP function in-game that lets you speak with up to five other squad members.

Some folks have taken to using the in-game chat for squad orders and in-game tactics, and their Teamspeak for joking/chatting with their clan members (especially in situations where clan members sometimes end up on opposing sides, and you don't want to discuss tactics in public chat)

So in this game, I (and others) use TWO push-to-talk keys. Any way you could integrate a LIST of keys that would make VAC ignore voice?

LOVE your program, and will be showing it off to my clan-members.

-DocJon
DocJon
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby 3DFlyer on Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:39 am

I wanna let Shift_E (the developer) discuss program speciffics becasue nobody knows a program better than the person who wrote it.

About the program itself though... It is an outstanding program. I sent in my 10 dollars after only three days use. Shift_E told me I didn;t have to do that, but I felt like it would help with development so I went ahead and sent him his money.

It really is an intuitive program to use. User freindly, bug free, and well supported. I wouldn't hesitate to tell your fellow clan members about it. They too will be pleased I can assure you.

I fly flight simulators, and there are many commands in them. I fly with a profile that has over 300 different commands and the program works flawlessly.

If you have any issues at all, don;t hesitate to ask here. I had a slight issue where I DL'd the wrong profile and didn;t know it, and it was quickly fixed. Everybody here is freindly and helpful. Every once in awhile there will be a slight issue, but all I have seen were resolved with simple settings.

Hope you enjoy VAC as much as I have. It has added a true level of realism ot my simming experience.
3DFlyer
Corporal

Postby Shift_E on Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:58 pm

3DFlyer –

Thank you for you kind comments 3D, it’s comments like this that really make the effort worth it.

Don Jon –

I could see how you could use dual PTD keys in your situation. I think this would be a one user feature, but I’ll look into it. I should also say I wouldn’t think this would be a problem to do.
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Postby DocJon on Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:35 pm

Thanks to both of you for your responses. So far, VAC is working great, although I've had to give up the in-game squad-talk B^(

It DOES sound like an oddball request, but if it's not too much trouble to implement, I think it would be appreciated and used by many clans. As games begin to support more and more players, the need to communicate goes up, with the likelyhood of everyone in-game being on the same Teamspeak server goes down. BF2, for example, supports 64 players, and few clans have enough players on-line at one time to fill even one 32-player team. . .which means the balance are random players who usually don't log into their Teamspeak server. . .which leads to the need to use the in-game VoIP to communicate strategy.

Well, gotta run. Gonna spread the work of VAC to my clan tonight B^)

-DocJon
DocJon
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)