Problems w/Blue & Green flights in FB/AEP/PF

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

Problems w/Blue & Green flights in FB/AEP/PF

Postby sgilewicz on Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:44 pm

Hi Ron,

I recently started Plus Wave's Wings Over Jungles and the campaigns mix up the flights on a regular basis (other campaigns seem to stick with Red and White and the OCCASIONAL Blue). VAC commands (using DD's profile) for Red and White flights work flawlessly but even with voice training, I can't get Blue and Green flights working. In VAC Builder the test function indicates recognition of the correct phrases but "in game" nothing happens. I'm scratching my head here but confident you can steer my in the right direction. Thanks and hope all is well with you and yours.

Stan
sgilewicz
Lance Air Corporal

Postby Shift_E on Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:59 pm

Hey Stan,

I haven't looked into to this yet, but if if the other flights are working, I'd say check the key assignment for Blue and Green. It sounds like VAC is recongizing the phrases, just not sending the proper commands to PF for the Blue and Green flights.

Let me know if you are still having troubles and I'll dig deeper.

And all is going pretty good here, work has been sucking my free time dry though. :D
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Blue & Green Flights

Postby sgilewicz on Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:08 pm

It's always better to have too much work rather than too little :wink:

Stan
sgilewicz
Lance Air Corporal

Postby sgilewicz on Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:09 am

No joy Ron. If you want, I can email the profile to you so you can check the functionality. I checked the key assignments (I haven't changed any of the default comms installed w/FB/AEP/PF) and they match up. Let me know if you can think of anything dumb that I might be doing. Too soon old, too late smart! Thanks.

Stan
sgilewicz
Lance Air Corporal

Postby Shift_E on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:16 am

Hi Stan,

Yeah, I suppose it's better to have too much work. ;)

If the profile is different than DD's profile on the download page, then email it to me otherwise I'll use DD's profile.
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Blue & Green Flights

Postby sgilewicz on Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:42 pm

I didn't make any changes to DD's profile other than voice training so it's probably best to try his profile first. Thanks a bunch.

Stan
sgilewicz
Lance Air Corporal

Postby sgilewicz on Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:39 pm

OK Ron,
Here's where I'm at: I increased the slider for Accuracy/Response all the way to Accuracy. This made a huge difference (positive) in VAC Builder when testing the Blue and Green commands. Both Blue & Green commands are recognized no problem in VAC builder. In game, with engine off, the Blue & Green commands now are recognized without problem. Once the engine is on, however, the Blue commands ONLY are unrecognized. I tried an additional 20 minutes of voice training plus I backed the Pronunciation slider down one notch from 100% to 75%. No effect. I have tried substituting different names for Blue (Gray, Yellow & Silver) but it seems whatever is assigned to the third flight just isn't recognized. Here's hoping that some of my experiments help you make a connection! Thanks.

Stan
sgilewicz
Lance Air Corporal

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)