BF2 and Patch 1.3

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

BF2 and Patch 1.3

Postby Snake_Eyes on Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:40 pm

BF2 Patch 1.3 Adding the Vehicle drop to the Commo Rose, which in turn made a few minor alterations to how the Number pad interacted with the Commo Rose.

Evening all,

Not played BF2 for a while, and patched up to 1.3 today. I use VAC instead of the Commo Rose. Normal Command Menu is fine, works as it always has.

Squad Menu now that the Vehicle drop has been added is causing a few problems.

For example. Defend used to be Numpad 2, 5 - now its Numpad 6, 2, 5. Works, no problem.

However, Request supplies ( Numpad 4, 8, 5) and Request Orders (Numpad 6, 8 ,5) will not work. Instead VAC jumps the extra Numpad 8 and executes a completely different command. VAC jumps straight to Request UAV (Numpad 4, 8, 8, 5) and Request Arty (6, 8, 8, 5). I have tried to slow the commands down within the builder, but has made no difference.

If you physically press the keys on the Numpad yourself, you can select the correct command.

Has anyone else had the same problem, and devised a work around? Thanks.
Snake_Eyes
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Lanser on Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:46 am

Hey there Snake_Eyes,

I'll double check later this evening but as far as i know I have that side of things working OK. Where I was having issues however using the 'T' Commo Rose whilst being a Squad member. Anyissue there?

I'll check later and get back to you.

Lanser
Lanser
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Snake_Eyes on Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:34 pm

Cheers for checking Lanser - If you feel like passing your VAC Profile on for me to check if it works OK, I will PM you my email address.

Have not tied the Commo Rose as an actual Squad Member yet (just as Squad Leader). But will try and test it this evening or tomorrow morning, and will report back.

Cheers Mate.
Snake_Eyes
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Lanser on Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:28 pm

Hi Snake_Eyes

Sorry for the late reply, got distracted by life, the world cup and such. Anyway I'll forward you on my VAC Profile if you want to try it out. I checked all the Squad Leader stuff and it's working fine.

Cheers
Lanser
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Snake_Eyes on Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:24 am

Thanks Lanser. I have pm'd you my email.

Cheers.
Snake_Eyes
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Snake_Eyes on Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:43 am

Morning.

Problem solved/fixed.

Commands for Artillery is " t, NP6, NP8, NP8, NP5, t" and command for Request Orders is "t, NP6, NP8, NP5, t".

Lanser emailed me one of his profiles to use. However, even with his profile I still had the same problem whereby, when asking for Orders, VAC would jump an extra NP8 and issue a request for Artillery everytime.

The solution was simple, but effective. Basically, slowed the command down. Here is the fix for anyone else having the same kind of problem.

Command (Request Orders):

Command1 t
Command2 NP6
Command3 NP8 <<<Default attributes changed Duration 100ms - Pause 400ms - Repeat 1
Command4 NP5
Command5 t

Has worked without problem so far. Thanks again for emailing the profile Lanser - Appreciated.
Snake_Eyes
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)