Request new Profile Activation Key

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

Request new Profile Activation Key

Postby Axe on Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:29 am

First post so let me say first how much I like VAC :supz: It's great and working real good. But I'd like to have "/" and or "\" as the Push to activate Voice Commands.

Anyway to get those choices?

thanks
Axe
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MaXMhZ on Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:13 am

I've made a copy of this post in the VAC forum.
I think you'll get a faster reply there.

Hope you don't mind.

S! MaX

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Axe on Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:15 am

thanks 8)
Axe
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Shift_E on Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:12 pm

Hi Axe,

Thank you for your kind comments about VAC. I'd have to do an update to the program to add those two keys to the lists.

Is this something you have to have or is it just a want?

Thanks,
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Postby Axe on Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:25 pm

Hi Shift_E

I don't have to have it, but let me give you the skinny in more details because you may know a workaround for me. I gave my TeamSpeak PTT key "scroll lock", to VAC. I then made "/" my Teamspeak PTT. When I'm in the sim "Falcon AF" it all works fine. But if I'm at the desktop with VAC ready to go, and Teamspeak up and running, and I am chatting with my wingmen in preparation prior to commiting to the game, the "/" that I now have to use, sends text signals and makes a repeating sound. It will do this anywhere outside of the game.

One other thing you should know, is that if I click the toolbar while the text and noises are being generated, they will stop. But as soon as I do anything much with the mouse or keyboard, they come back. So I have to constantly go to the tool tray. And I ain't that good at remembering always :shock:

I have very few alternative free keys available. Looks like the "/" and "\" are the only ones left that my Falcon does not use.

On the positive side of things, VAC will get priority :D This is because I like it so much. But I thought if I could give VAC one of the slashes "/ \" then I could give Teamspeak back the "scroll lock"

There also may be a way for me to fix it on my end, I'm kinda new to VAC. I do think that more Push to Activate choices would be a good thing in the long run for others. At least for the Falcon guys anyway.

thanks dude!
Axe
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Shift_E on Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:13 am

First off, excellent description of what you are after. VAC 1.8.5 has a couple of new features that Falcon users wanted. The one for you sounds like the VAC Mode under Special Function in the VAC Builder. Load your Falcon in the Builder and add a new Action and use something like ‘VAC Sleep’ for the phrase, then set the VAC Mode to sleep under Special Functions. Do the same for Awake. Now you can just tell VAC to sleep or awake by voice.

If that doesn’t work for you, then we can handle it a different way with the Change Profile function. Create different profiles and switch them by voice, each profile working the way you want, then switch to your Falcon profile by voice when ready to fly.

Let me know if that works for you,
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)