Batch file problem

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

Batch file problem

Postby Festus on Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:05 pm

Trying to set-up a batch file to run TrackIR, VAC and Lock On. I can get TrackIR to load ok but having problems getting VAC to start with my profile for Lock On loaded and voice on. The profile is kept in the VAC system\profiles directory. VAC starts but the profile is not loading and I guess because of it not loading the profile the voice is not on.

Also getting a graphicsxp.dll error from Lock On. I don't get this error when starting Lock On by using the Lock On desktop shortcut.

My bat file looks like this:

Start C:\"Program Files"\NaturalPoint\TrackIR4\TrackIR.exe

Start C:\"Program Files"\"VAC System"\VACSystem.exe A10.xml,True

start D:\"Games\Lock On\LockOn.exe"

Any help would be apprecated. I've spent two days trying to finger this out. I know it's something small but that's the way it is in programing.
Thx guys!
Festus
Air Cadet Level 1

Re: Batch file problem

Postby Shift_E on Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:08 am

Festus wrote:Trying to set-up a batch file to run TrackIR, VAC and Lock On. I can get TrackIR to load ok but having problems getting VAC to start with my profile for Lock On loaded and voice on. The profile is kept in the VAC system\profiles directory. VAC starts but the profile is not loading and I guess because of it not loading the profile the voice is not on.

Also getting a graphicsxp.dll error from Lock On. I don't get this error when starting Lock On by using the Lock On desktop shortcut.

My bat file looks like this:

Start C:"Program Files"\NaturalPoint\TrackIR4\TrackIR.exe

Start C:"Program Files""VAC System"\VACSystem.exe A10.xml,True

start D:"Games\Lock On\LockOn.exe"

Any help would be apprecated. I've spent two days trying to finger this out. I know it's something small but that's the way it is in programing.
Thx guys!

Hi Festus,

Try this:

Start "C:\Program Files\VAC System\VACSystem.exe" A10.xml,True

Only enclose the path and exe file in quotes, space then the VAC parameters outside of the quotes.

I can't help with the error for Lock-On, but it sounds like it uses a loader program. Check the properties of the Lock-On short-cut and see how the command is setup.
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Still not working

Postby Festus on Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:29 pm

Thanks for your reply but it's still not working. I forgot to mention that the error message is "cannot find A10.xml,true" . I can find it by doing a search and I've tried putting A10.xml in the VAC folder and the profiles folder. I've tried other xml profiles but no joy. It will load VAC fine without a profile.

Thanks again for your help.
Festus
Air Cadet Level 1

Re: Still not working

Postby Shift_E on Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:00 pm

Festus wrote:Thanks for your reply but it's still not working. I forgot to mention that the error message is "cannot find A10.xml,true" . I can find it by doing a search and I've tried putting A10.xml in the VAC folder and the profiles folder. I've tried other xml profiles but no joy. It will load VAC fine without a profile.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi Festus,

This may be a non issue, but your must import profiles using the VAC Builder, you can not copy the profiles to the profile folder. The reason for that is VAC creates a separate file that stores the imported profiles. VAC uses that file as a directory for what profiles exists.

There is a file called "Profiles.xml" in the VAC directory, that contains the profiles known to VAC, all profiles must be in the "Profiles" folder and must be imported.

Let me know if this is or is not the case for you. We'll get you up and running.
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Got it fingered out!

Postby Festus on Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:46 pm

Thanks guys for your responses. I got it going now. The problem was in the placing of the " marks. Took it one step at a time (DOH!) and got it working. Pay close attendtion to the " placement as below.

Start C:\"Program Files"\"VAC System"\VACSystem.exe A10.xml,true

Now if I can only figure out what the graphicsxp.dll problem is. Hee Hee

Thx again guys.

VAC rules! VAC and TrackIR4 is better than a wet dream.
Festus
Air Cadet Level 1

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)