SHIFT_RIGHT not present in PTD

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

SHIFT_RIGHT not present in PTD

Postby gipodiablo on Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:34 am

There is any reason for SHIFT_RIGHT key not present in PTD keys?
I ask it because that is the key for activate TeamSpeack and I''d need to set it also as PTD key for VAC.
Thank u for your attention
gipodiablo
Air Cadet Level 2

Re: SHIFT_RIGHT not present in PTD

Postby Shift_E on Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:24 pm

gipodiablo wrote:There is any reason for SHIFT_RIGHT key not present in PTD keys?
I ask it because that is the key for activate TeamSpeack and I''d need to set it also as PTD key for VAC.
Thank u for your attention

Hi Gipodiablo,

Holding the shift key down to disable VAC will alter keyboard commands sent to the game. Where a lower case ‘g’ would operate landing gear, holding the shift key down would change the key to upper case and cause the landing not to operate. That is the reason I did not include the shift keys to PTD or PTA selections.

Salute!
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Re: SHIFT_RIGHT not present in PTD

Postby gipodiablo on Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:55 am

[/quote]
Hi Gipodiablo,

Holding the shift key down to disable VAC will alter keyboard commands sent to the game. Where a lower case ‘g’ would operate landing gear, holding the shift key down would change the key to upper case and cause the landing not to operate. That is the reason I did not include the shift keys to PTD or PTA selections.

Salute![/quote]
Thank u for your quick reply.
I did'nt think of that reason, 'cause AFAIK the simulation's commands do not distinguish between upper and lower case.
Anyway, no problem, I'll use instead the CTRL_Right key as PTD
gipodiablo
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Shift_E on Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:33 pm

Holding down a PTD or PTA and interfering with keyboard commands are dependent upon the game. In fact, the PTD key one of the major problem I see in Lock On when using VAC. That is why there are two new options for the PTA, one is toggle which will let you press a key to turn recognition on, press again and it will turn recognition off. The other is the Arm switch, pressing the assigned keys will arm the switch for the recognized commands to be sent, after recognition the switch will auto-disarm.

However, my favorite and the one I use is assign PTD the middle mouse button and assign the PTT the middle mouse button in TS. Then I assign one of my joystick buttons to the middle mouse button. I have found the mouse buttons do not effect any keyboard commands while pressed.

I hoped I’ve added enough options to allow the PTD to be used in any game.

Happy New Year,
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Postby gipodiablo on Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:08 pm

I can understand the problem to preview all different situations that can be present in different sim combinations.
FI in my case I have the SaitekX52 with its idiosyncrasies and its profile that maps also the mouse wheels , the TrackIR pro with its (luckily few) commands, the TS with its activation keys and your Vac with its profile : all must work together flawlessy in Falcon:AF that is complicated and idiosyncratic for itself.
The wonder is that they sometimes do really work together well.
;-)
gipodiablo
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)