format/reinstall question

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

format/reinstall question

Postby DocJon on Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:55 am

I'm going to be formatting my C: drive and reinstalling XP soon. I was wondering: does anyone here know where XP stores the speech training files from Microsoft English Recognizer 5.1? I was thinking I'd like to back it up so I can save myself an hour retraining it for VAC.

I did a Google search, no luck. I figured I'd ask here in case one of you might have done this, or might have an idea what I should do.

Thanks in advance!
DocJon
Air Cadet Level 2

Re: format/reinstall question

Postby Shift_E on Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:25 pm

DocJon wrote:I'm going to be formatting my C: drive and reinstalling XP soon. I was wondering: does anyone here know where XP stores the speech training files from Microsoft English Recognizer 5.1? I was thinking I'd like to back it up so I can save myself an hour retraining it for VAC.

I did a Google search, no luck. I figured I'd ask here in case one of you might have done this, or might have an idea what I should do.

Thanks in advance!

Hi DocJon,

Use can use the Speech Profile Manager, it's free. This tool will let you transfer all the settings and your individualized language model from one Windows system to another.

Be careful: the MS engine profile optimizes your voice for the context in which it was trained, so you may want to adjust the training again if you switch to a computer with a different microphone or if you change other acoustic characteristics like moving from a desktop in a small room to a PC in a room with different acoustics.

I hope that is what you are looking for.
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Postby DocJon on Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:51 am

Thanks! I did a lot of Google searching, and to all appearances it wasn't possible to do this. . .I pretty much thought I was wasting your time asking, but I'm glad I did ask! I had an idea if anyone knew, you would.

I just need to format/reinstall. No new equipment involved, so this will do just fine.
DocJon
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)