Question Regarding PTA

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

Question Regarding PTA

Postby Segwin on Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:06 pm

If I have PTA and PTD set to none the program works great in Falcon Allied Force however, if I set PTA to right-ctrl it get almost every command wrong or will not work at all sometimes.

I assume that PTA is much like PTT, push right-ctrl to "turn on VAC", give the command, release right-control to "turn VAC off". Is this correct?

tia
Segwin
Air Cadet Level 1

Re: Question Regarding PTA

Postby Shift_E on Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:51 pm

Segwin wrote:If I have PTA and PTD set to none the program works great in Falcon Allied Force however, if I set PTA to right-ctrl it get almost every command wrong or will not work at all sometimes.

I assume that PTA is much like PTT, push right-ctrl to "turn on VAC", give the command, release right-control to "turn VAC off". Is this correct?

tia

Hi Segwin,

You are correct in how the PTA is to function. Your issue is exactly why I did not want to add all the keys available for PTA.

The reason your commands are not working is because the game see the key you use as the PTA as part of the command. Say you have a command to 'drop tanks' and the keyboard command is shift+T. VAC sends shift+T every time you say 'Drop Tanks', now throw the PTA into the mix as right-control. You press right-control and say drop tanks, VAC sends shift+T, but the game sees right-control+shift+T and that command is not recognized in the game.

The best and in my opinion the only assignment to use as the PTA is the middle mouse button, then using your joystick software assign a button to the mouse mouse button. Now, each time you press the joystick button you have a PTA in VAC that will not interfere with the in game commands.

One more thing to add here, the PTA key only simulates a PTT key, you would need a hardware switch in your microphone to have a true PTT switch. The PTA key prevents VAC from sending the recognized command, recognition is still going on.

I hope that clears it up for you,
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Postby Segwin on Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:32 pm

That makes sense - thanks for the quick reply too.
Segwin
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby gipodiablo on Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:31 pm

I have seen that it's less problematic to use the PTD function, instead of PTA because I have assigned to PTD the same key that activates the vocal communication program (in my case TeamSpeack).
Therefore when u speack with other pilots, VAC is off and there is no risk that it misunderstands something u say (good also if u want speack out of VAC, f.i. with someone in your room).
Of course, everybody can choose (In VAC BUILDER, the sub-program to build a profile, in the down-right corner of its screen) a different key to deactivate VAC, according to which key he uses to activate his Comms program and respecting the few keys that can be used for PTD in VAC.
Due to the said limitations , I had to change the key to activate TeamSpeack (and consequently PTD VAC) to Right_CTRL.
It works fine for me (see my profile for Falcon4:AF named "Falcon Essentials" in the downlodable profile page of this side)
Soon is coming a new version of "Falcon Essentials" with improvements and new commands found by many hours of trials_and_ errors flying falcon.
gipodiablo
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)