Small key error problem

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

Small key error problem

Postby Mowgali on Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:54 pm

I've had the program a while, but not used it much, no idea why, it really is superb, hands down better than Voice Commander 2 .
The small problem I have is when I try and use the number "four" in a profile, in this case, contextual radio commands in ArmA. The "four" key is the only one not to work. Instead of producing a "four" it highlights the CTRL key.
I've spent time training the speech recognition and it works perfectly and when I test the key in the builder it has no problem matching what I say to the command, but when I use the keyboard tester, no joy. I have even just tried a profile with just the "four" still no fun, even spelling it out the command box dose'nt help.
While looking through the forum I noticed people wanting the num pad "ENTER" key to be separatly bound from the "return" key, did this prove insurmountable ?

Mowgali

P.S I 'm using version 1.8.5
Mowgali
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Shift_E on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:15 pm

Hi Mowgali,

To answer your last question first, yes the numpad enter and the main enter key are seperate. However, for some reason I did not include the seperate keys in version 1.8.5. I will be updating version 1.8.5 to version 2.1 very soon and it will include the fix for the enter keys.

Are you saying when you enter '4' as a phrase VAC does not recognize it? Or are you saying no matter what phrase you use to send the command '4' VAC with not send the key '4'?

If it's the phrase not being recognize, try spelling it out with another word, like 'option four' or 'number four' as the phrase.

If it's not sending the key '4' then it is most likely an error in the profile, if you send it to me I'll look at it for you.

If I'm way off the mark all together, send me an email with the profile and I look it over and see if we can get you up and running.
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Postby Mowgali on Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:30 pm

Sorry, I'm a complete Noob. Having tried everything I could think of and having checked the forums I posted here, sods law. I just set up a new profile and checked each key off on the keyboard tester as I went, arse about way of doing it, but at least if mistakes creep in then they can be solved quicker. For some reason my radio "fire" command "L-CTRL" was binding to number "4", obviously just a stupid NOOb mistake. Anyway sorry for disturbing you, I'd better be getting back to the fray.
When I've tweaked it a bit I'll share the profile, although nobody at SimHQ seems to be using it, I don't know why, considering all the key strokes needed for the game. 8)
Mowgali
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)