How to Command Line Input of Profiles on Startup?

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

How to Command Line Input of Profiles on Startup?

Postby MajorV on Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:50 am

Shift_E:

Thanks for the many improvements you made to VAC 1.3.5. I want to make use of all of these new features, but I am uncertain how to "command line input of profiles when VAC is started." I can use FS AutoStart to start VAC, but before I can use the "VAC On" hotkey I need to type in a command line into FS telling VAC to load the right profile. Can you tell me exactly what I should type to accomplish this? I reviewed all of the Help files and online documentation, but could not find any guidance on the command script to use.

Also, I am unsure how to use the "Change Profile" drop-down list in VAC Builder. I take it that this is used to assign a voice command to select another profile from within a running profile. Is there any way to use this feature without pre-loading a profile into VAC first? Thanks for your help.

MajorV
MajorV
Air Cadet Level 2

Re: How to Command Line Input of Profiles on Startup?

Postby Shift_E on Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:08 am

MajorV wrote:Shift_E:

Thanks for the many improvements you made to VAC 1.3.5. I want to make use of all of these new features, but I am uncertain how to "command line input of profiles when VAC is started." I can use FS AutoStart to start VAC, but before I can use the "VAC On" hotkey I need to type in a command line into FS telling VAC to load the right profile. Can you tell me exactly what I should type to accomplish this? I reviewed all of the Help files and online documentation, but could not find any guidance on the command script to use.

Also, I am unsure how to use the "Change Profile" drop-down list in VAC Builder. I take it that this is used to assign a voice command to select another profile from within a running profile. Is there any way to use this feature without pre-loading a profile into VAC first? Thanks for your help.

MajorV

I'm sooooo sorry, I forgot to update the help file. I put the directions in the most obvious place, the "check for updates" under the help menu. :rolleyes: Here’s the instruction from the updated help file I’ll be uploading to version 1.3.6 tonight sometime. By the way 1.3.6 fixes an issue in the VAC Builder when adding an Action and assign a profile to load.

VAC System can take two command line parameters separated by a comma (,).

1. Profile as parameter one can be a valid VAC profile description or profile name existing in the VAC Builder list of profiles.

2. A "True" can be sent to start VAC System with VAC On set.

Some examples of using parameters with VAC System:

Start VACSystem and load the IL2 profile using the file name with VAC active.
VACSystem.exe IL2.xml,True

Start VACSystem and load FS2004 profile using the profile description with VAC off.

VACSystem.exe FS2004

Again, sorry about that.
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Postby MajorV on Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:14 am

Shift_E:

Thanks for the instructions. I'll give it a try on VAC 1.3.5 and let you know if I have any problems. I appreciate your prompt reply.

MajorV
MajorV
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MajorV on Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:11 am

Shift_E:

Just tried it out on FS AutoStart and it works like a charm. For FS, a user only needs to point it to VACSystem.exe on the hard drive and then type in the profile name in the Command box as follows:

IL2,True

By the way, I confirmed that the file type suffix (".xml") should not be included--only the profile name used in VAC Builder.

Thanks very much for this great update to VAC.

Major V
MajorV
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Shift_E on Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:10 pm

MajorV wrote:Shift_E:

Just tried it out on FS AutoStart and it works like a charm. For FS, a user only needs to point it to VACSystem.exe on the hard drive and then type in the profile name in the Command box as follows:

IL2,True

By the way, I confirmed that the file type suffix (".xml") should not be included--only the profile name used in VAC Builder.

Thanks very much for this great update to VAC.

Major V

That's good to hear. Dang the xml file load is broken. I'll get that fixed.

Your welcome,
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)