I got a lil problem with the builder

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

I got a lil problem with the builder

Postby Gumby on Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:43 pm

I got a lil problem with the builder.

This may be a problem for Vista I'm not sure.

Here's the issue

I have 3 monitors, but today the one that the builder part of the program comes up on quit working. So I removed the other 2 monitors from my system, so now I'm only using the one monitor.

The problem the builder I think it still thinks that the monitor is there because the builder opens and I can see it in the taskbar but I can't see it on the screen.

All my other stuff like browser,and email have migrated back to the one screen,but VAC does not.

I'm sure an uninstall might correct the problem, but I'm hoping maybe a computer savy person might be able to fix it without doing that ,because I got it working so well.. I really hate to botch anything up.

I do have all my profiles stored,and backed up so it's no biggy unless VAC has wrote some sorta registry to remain after an uninstall. If this is the case it might continue to try to come up on the dead screen still I'm not sure.

If you have any suggestions let me know.
Gumby

P.S. I would also like to submit my profiles of BF2 & Team Fortress 2 if I may
Gumby
Lance Air Corporal

Postby Shift_E on Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:05 pm

Hi Gumby,

If you are okay with editing the registry, locate frmBuilderTop and frmBuilderLeft and delete those two keys from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DiverseWare\VACSystem. If you opened any other windows from VAC on the other monitors you'll want to delete those keys also. In fact, you would be safe to delete all the keys that began with 'frm'.

I'll see about adding a check in VAC for that situation. I'm overdue for an update anyway. :)
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Postby Gumby on Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:59 pm

Shift_E

I fixed it late last night.

I right clicked on the taskbar and saw the options "move" and "Close" I decided to try "move"

I right clicked on the move and it brought up the crisscross arrows and moved it from right to left.

I did this a couple of times and I got the screen back on the center one.

In my mind, this shouldn't have worked, because I only have one screen hooked to my system now instead of the 3, but it did. I really can't explain it other than I just tried it.

I'll keep your suggestion as a reference though just in case this happens again I'll know what to do.

Again you amaze me with your knowledge and helpfulness.

Sorry to bug you.
Gumby
Gumby
Lance Air Corporal

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)