Using a downloaded profile?

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

Using a downloaded profile?

Postby Doorknob_52 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:52 am

Hello all!!
I downloaded the awesome profile by Dastartly but the thing is it is set up for use with the Track IR, I prefer to use my hatswitch on my M$ FF joystick to pan view. Question is how can I change this so that I can set up my joystick so I can pan with the hat switch?
I have tried in the joystick set up but apparently confused something becasue now my joystick profile no longer works.

Also noticed that now after loading the profile that when trying to fly a Corsair that the rudder is kicked all the way to the left??? Don't know if it is something I did in the config. or not but it wasn't until I was messing with VAC that this problem started? and the Corsair is the only aircraft that this happens with. (I'm not blaming the profile or VAC!! I think it is a user error ;) )

Thanks for the time and a great program with a great profile!!!!!!!!
Doorknob_52
Lance Air Corporal

Re: Using a downloaded profile?

Postby Shift_E on Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:24 am

Doorknob_52 wrote:Hello all!!
I downloaded the awesome profile by Dastartly but the thing is it is set up for use with the Track IR, I prefer to use my hatswitch on my M$ FF joystick to pan view. Question is how can I change this so that I can set up my joystick so I can pan with the hat switch?
I have tried in the joystick set up but apparently confused something becasue now my joystick profile no longer works.

Also noticed that now after loading the profile that when trying to fly a Corsair that the rudder is kicked all the way to the left??? Don't know if it is something I did in the config. or not but it wasn't until I was messing with VAC that this problem started? and the Corsair is the only aircraft that this happens with. (I'm not blaming the profile or VAC!! I think it is a user error ;) )

Thanks for the time and a great program with a great profile!!!!!!!!

I don't know if this is the only way or the best way, but if you don't have an old config file that you can fall back on you can set the controls to default and start from there.
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Postby Doorknob_52 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:34 am

Thanks Shift E for the reply!
I made a back up of my config file before using what came with the profile. Went back to it and the Corsair problem is gone, thought it was user error, LOL! But I haven't figured out what it was that made that happen, oh well.

My trouble is trying to figure out what I need to edit within the profile in order to get my hat switch to be used for the pan/snap views. This is the only part that I'm having trouble with. I can't understand what it is that I'm doing wrong that would make my joystick profile not work with VAC turned on. I'm thinking it is a line or two in the "config" file provided by Dastardly that I replaced in order to have my keys mapped he same as his so I'll look through that and see if I can't change it.

I'm not that talented with my left hand so flying with my right on joystick and left on mouse brings awkward results, LOL! This is also why you program is a dream come true! I have lost many a dogfight becuase I had to remove my eyes from screen in order to look at the keyboard to type a command.

Thanks again for a great piece of software, you not only improved my experiance but I'm certain many others!!
Doorknob_52
Lance Air Corporal

Postby Shift_E on Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:18 pm

Doorknob_52 wrote:Thanks Shift E for the reply!
I made a back up of my config file before using what came with the profile. Went back to it and the Corsair problem is gone, thought it was user error, LOL! But I haven't figured out what it was that made that happen, oh well.

My trouble is trying to figure out what I need to edit within the profile in order to get my hat switch to be used for the pan/snap views. This is the only part that I'm having trouble with. I can't understand what it is that I'm doing wrong that would make my joystick profile not work with VAC turned on. I'm thinking it is a line or two in the "config" file provided by Dastardly that I replaced in order to have my keys mapped he same as his so I'll look through that and see if I can't change it.

I'm not that talented with my left hand so flying with my right on joystick and left on mouse brings awkward results, LOL! This is also why you program is a dream come true! I have lost many a dogfight becuase I had to remove my eyes from screen in order to look at the keyboard to type a command.

Thanks again for a great piece of software, you not only improved my experiance but I'm certain many others!!

Good work on the backup.

On Dastartly's profile, you could change a few commands at a time and test them, then do a few more and test them. It's a big profile and he did a great job with it by the way. :-)
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Postby Doorknob_52 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:45 pm

Yes he did a awesome amount of work on that profile!!!! and until looking at it I had no idea the actuall amount of commands this sim can utilize!!

That is what I did and think I have it sorted out. I went through the included config line by line. What I wasn't doing was going through the keyboard set up in game!! This is where my conflicts had been starting, I would change a line to do one thing and in game it would be set to do something different. and then I would look at my joystick profile and it would be set to something completely different so after a couple hours of playing with settings I think I'm ready to fly!!

As stated earlier USER ERROR! LOL

Thanks again!!
Make sure you visit us at: http://www.Flying-Legends.net
Doorknob_52
Lance Air Corporal

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)