Dual boot XP and Vista upgrade registration

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

Dual boot XP and Vista upgrade registration

Postby cgp13 on Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:35 pm

I have a somewhat complicated two-part question. I just bought a new computer when I went to reload VAC it told me to e-mail to get a new code, that's not a problem but when to do it is my question. Before I do this I'm wondering what the code that is generated by the program to send in is based on, my hardware or my software setup? I don't like the way the system arrived and plan to reload it completely creating a dual boot XP and Vista setup. I'm afraid if I send in this code now and then reload two operating systems I might run into problems. I could use some advice on the best way to go about this and what order to do what, so I don't run into any problems. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
cgp13
Air Cadet Level 1

Re: Dual boot XP and Vista upgrade registration

Postby Gumby on Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:54 am

I think VAC does not really care so much about your hardware, and it's more for compatibility on your OS.

I would wait till you get your operating systems back on the way you want then ask for a new code. I am dual booting too,but I hardly ever use XP anymore, and purchased my key for vista I'm gonna guess that my code will not work in XP, but I have never tried. Probably a question for Shift_E.

Planning a new build myself very good question.

Good luck
Gumby
Gumby
Lance Air Corporal

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)