No voice feedback make VAC hard to work in game, help needed

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

No voice feedback make VAC hard to work in game, help needed

Postby lzheng2000 on Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:57 pm

I run VAC for IL2 offline game, I found that there is no feedback from my microphone to my headphone. This is OK when there is no sound in my earphone, however, in game with all the engine sound and gun shot, it is hard to maintain your voice level when there is no echo of my voice in my headphone, so the VAC does not work when my voice level is too high.

Anyone using VAC has any idea how to get some feedback from microphone to headphone? or how to solve this problem? thanks.
lzheng2000
Air Cadet Level 1

Re: No voice feedback make VAC hard to work in game, help ne

Postby Shift_E on Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:42 pm

lzheng2000 wrote:I run VAC for IL2 offline game, I found that there is no feedback from my microphone to my headphone. This is OK when there is no sound in my earphone, however, in game with all the engine sound and gun shot, it is hard to maintain your voice level when there is no echo of my voice in my headphone, so the VAC does not work when my voice level is too high.

Anyone using VAC has any idea how to get some feedback from microphone to headphone? or how to solve this problem? thanks.

To get the effect you are looking for you’ll need a set of headphones that can echo speaker feedback like: http://www.dragonsys.ca/docs/NC65.htm or own a sound card that supports full duplex.

Here are some generic instructions for a duplex sound card:

1. Double click on the speaker icon in the System Tray to open the Volume Control.
2. Look for Microphone balance and volume slider. If you do not see it, click on the Options button, then click "Properties."
3. Ensure "Playback" is selected in the Adjust volume for box.
4. Scroll through the volume controls list and place a checkmark in the box for Microphone.
5. Click "OK."
6. Place a checkmark in the box below Microphone if it is marked “Mute.” If the box is marked “Select,” uncheck the box.
7. Click “OK.”
8. Click on the Options button, then click “Properties.”
9. Select Recording in the “Adjust volume for” box.
10. Click “OK.”
11. Uncheck the box below “Microphone,” if it is marked “Mute.” If the box is marked “Select,” place a checkmark in the box.
12. Make sure that the microphone volume is up to at least halfway.

I hope this helps.
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Postby lzheng2000 on Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:35 pm

thanks, I will try that when I back home.
lzheng2000
Air Cadet Level 1

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)