Push to Activate seems broken totally?

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

Push to Activate seems broken totally?

Postby Polecat on Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:07 am

I am using VAC 1.54. I am trying to set Push to Activate.
I have tried Lctrl Rctrl Ctrl and Space and NONE seem to work correctly for me. most keys do not work at all and when I do get a key to work in this way at acts as exactly the same as the set key for on/off switch. In other words if I set the Push to activate key to space and press the space bar once it turns on and again it turns off.

Question.

If you set a key to Push to activate do you then turn VAC On after loading the profile? To test can I just watch the VAC Icon in system tray and press key to see the "o" (For VAC ON) go on and off (For VAC Off)?

In every other way the program seems to function fairly well however I would not shell out the $10.00 for a license until I can get every function to work as expected. At that point I plan on purchasing 3 reg numbers for my home Lan.

I await your advice>

Polecat out
Polecat
Corporal

Postby JeanGuy on Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:41 am

Greetings,

Remember that any key stroke assign as a VAC Profile activation Key must be unique to VAC. Except for the "Push to de-activate" key which should be the same as the voice program activation key you are using on line. So remember when programming the "Push to activate" or "VAC On/Off Key Set" that your choosen key strokes must be unique to VAC and not used in your game command list, your system, or another running program such as TIR 3 Pro. Next read carefully the definition below"

Push to activate Voice Commands - If a key is assigned here, then voice commands will only work if the assign key is depressed. The assigned key must remain depressed while the command is spoken.

Remember to press and hold down above assigned while you give the whole voice command since it will only register/action commands while this choosen key is depressed.

VAC On/Off Key Set - Unlike the previous key when this key set is press it will turn the voice recognition on/off. This switch works like a light switch press once voice is off, press again voice is on.

In summary, if you have not assigned a "VAC On/Off Key Set" and have a "Push to activate Voice Commands Key" you will need to load your game profile and select "VAC ON" prior to starting your game. Once the game is started you will then have to press and hold assigned activation key while giving commands.

If you have assigned a "VAC On/Off Key Set" and have a "Push to activate Voice Commands Key" you will still need to load your game profile prior to starting your game. Once the game is started you will then be able to turn "VAC ON" with your selected "VAC On Key Set". You will then have to press and hold activation key you selected while giving commands.

Beware also that giving command while A/I transmission are occurring can lead to VAC delay or confusion.

Good luck and welcome to VAC World. U will enjoy it.
Jean-Guy
Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII:
When a prang seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible.
JeanGuy
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Shift_E on Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:12 am

Hello Polecat,

I can't add to JeanGuy's post, he covered the useage very well. And welcome aboard.
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

No Joy

Postby Polecat on Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:25 am

I still can not get push to activate to work at all in Silent hunter 3.

The available keys which the game does not use are RCTRL LALT RALT NUMPAD. NUMPAD 0 NUMPAD ENTER RSHIFT.

I can not get any of these to work for PTA at all.

Again I ask... Can you test PTA by assigning a key and then watching the vac tray icon turn the O on and off while holding the PTA Key down?
I can not get this to work either. Very frustrating...Suggestions please.
I have voice trained and I am using a good quality mic. I have uninstalled and re-installed. I am using MS Speech 6.1. Any more suggestions?

I am A+ Network+ certified and Own and operate my own Computer Sales, Service, And networking outfit here in NH.

System Specs:
Asus P5AD2-E Deluxe Bios Rev 0204
Lian-LI PC-60B-Plus
Enermax Noisetaker EG495AX-VE (W)SFMA 485W PS
3.4GHz,2MB, 800MHz FSB, Socket 775
2GB Patriot (PDC22G5600+XBLK) DDR2
2-150GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7RPM (Raid 0).
BFG Geforce FX 6800GT 256MB OC
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (Latest WinXP drivers).
Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1633s Dual Layer
DirectX 9.0c
Thrustmaster Cougar (Uber2 NXT Mod)
Simped vario Pro Rudders w/F-16 Toebrake addon.
TrackIR3 Pro w/Vector Expansion
Polecat
Corporal

Re: No Joy

Postby Shift_E on Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:13 am

Polecat wrote:I still can not get push to activate to work at all in Silent hunter 3.

The available keys which the game does not use are RCTRL LALT RALT NUMPAD. NUMPAD 0 NUMPAD ENTER RSHIFT.

I can not get any of these to work for PTA at all.

Again I ask... Can you test PTA by assigning a key and then watching the vac tray icon turn the O on and off while holding the PTA Key down?
I can not get this to work either. Very frustrating...Suggestions please.
I have voice trained and I am using a good quality mic. I have uninstalled and re-installed. I am using MS Speech 6.1. Any more suggestions?

I am A+ Network+ certified and Own and operate my own Computer Sales, Service, And networking outfit here in NH.

System Specs:
Asus P5AD2-E Deluxe Bios Rev 0204
Lian-LI PC-60B-Plus
Enermax Noisetaker EG495AX-VE (W)SFMA 485W PS
3.4GHz,2MB, 800MHz FSB, Socket 775
2GB Patriot (PDC22G5600+XBLK) DDR2
2-150GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7RPM (Raid 0).
BFG Geforce FX 6800GT 256MB OC
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (Latest WinXP drivers).
Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1633s Dual Layer
DirectX 9.0c
Thrustmaster Cougar (Uber2 NXT Mod)
Simped vario Pro Rudders w/F-16 Toebrake addon.
TrackIR3 Pro w/Vector Expansion

Hi Polecat,

I think you are confusing the function of the three switches, let me explain.

There are three sets of key switches for VAC, but none of them have to be set to have VAC work. In fact it’s better when you start out to set all three switches PTD, PTA and VAC Switch On/Off to none. When you start the VAC System program and load a profile, the blue “P” shows in the system tray with the VAC Microphone, to turn on voice recognition and start using VAC the green “O” must be active and do this with the right click pop up menu from the icon in the system tray. At this point VAC is ready to send commands when the voice phrase is spoken.

The VAC switch allows you to assign a key combination to turn voice recognition on and off rather than the pop up menu. And the only time VAC will work is when the green “O” is up and the green “O” must be up for PTA and PTD to have any function.

Push to Activate (PTA) is mainly for high noise environments and all it does is allow the spoken phrase to be processed while the assigned key is depressed. It’s like a “Push to Talk” button on a microphone.

Push to Deactivate (PTD) is used with voice over the Internet programs like Team Speak and Ventrilo and is use to stop the spoken phrase from being processed while the assigned key is depressed. It’s like cutting the microphone feed with a button.

If you are not using voice over the Internet or you are not in a high noise environment, I wouldn’t use PTD or PTA.

To answer your specific concern:

“Again I ask... Can you test PTA by assigning a key and then watching the vac tray icon turn the O on and off while holding the PTA Key down? I can not get this to work either.”

The PTA key does not control the green “O” in the System tray, only the VAC On/Off switch does.

VAC will work with MS Speech 6.1, I'm using it also. :)

I hope this helps.
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
Voice Activated Command
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Still no Joy

Postby Polecat on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:34 pm

Thanks for the prompt responses Shift_E.

I understand perfectly how the PTA and PTD are supposed to work.

They do not function properly for me. I was confused about the functionality of the green o but only that.

Still does not work for me.

I need to use it as I am playing in a high noise lan environment with others who are loud. I have tried using no PTA but my friends voices trigger the commands. This is why I nedd to use PTA.

Thanks again

Polecat out
Polecat
Corporal

Re: Still no Joy

Postby Shift_E on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:43 pm

Polecat wrote:Thanks for the prompt responses Shift_E.

I understand perfectly how the PTA and PTD are supposed to work.

They do not function properly for me. I was confused about the functionality of the green o but only that.

Still does not work for me.

I need to use it as I am playing in a high noise lan environment with others who are loud. I have tried using no PTA but my friends voices trigger the commands. This is why I nedd to use PTA.

Thanks again

Polecat out

Hey Polecat,

I've been working on the next version and have done more work in the area of the PTD and PTA. If you want I'll send you the newest version and you can test it, it you'd like. I know it sounds like I don't test this, but I really do. :)

Just send me and email, my address is in the help file under support and I'll send it right out.
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
Voice Activated Command
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Thanks

Postby Polecat on Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:42 pm

Hi SHift_E

Email is sent. I will try the beta and report my findings asap.

Thanks for your help.

Polecat out
Polecat
Corporal

Re: Thanks

Postby Shift_E on Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:27 am

Polecat wrote:Hi SHift_E

Email is sent. I will try the beta and report my findings asap.

Thanks for your help.

Polecat out

Program version 1.5.5 sent in email. I've tested the PTA and PTD keys and they work as they should now.
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
Voice Activated Command
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)