Silent Hunter 3 profile

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

Silent Hunter 3 profile

Postby Laz on Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:45 am

Hi

I've been using VAC for a couple of weeks now and I have to say It's GREAT :D

I have created my first profile for Silent Hunter 3 with a PTA key and activation on/off sounds. Read the Read me file in the zip.

download from
http://www.flying-legends.net/php/downl ... cat_id=444

I may be confused here :?: were I refer to a PTA key I mean this key turns on/off the VAC profile loaded, is this correct :?: or is a PTA key used while using other voice programes and deactivates the profile only when the the key is pressed :?:
Laz
Laz
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby JeanGuy on Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:11 am

Hello Laz,

I do not have Silent Hunter 3 but I downloaded your VAC Silent Hunter 3 profile and loaded it into my VAC builder to look at it anyway. A quick look revealed that you programmed the bottom profile activation Key which is: the select Key set for VAC On/OFF switch. The TLA & TLD (top two profile activation Keys) arer still showing "None" and thus not activated.

Furthermore I noted that your selected a simple "CTRL" key stroke for turning VAC On/Off. This key is quite likely to be used either alone or in combination with other(s) ("CTRL" or "CTRL + X") which could cause you some problem while running the game and giving commands manually. The key stroke used in your VAC Profile must be unique.

Good luck and good work for first attempt,
Jean-Guy
Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII:
When a prang seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible.
JeanGuy
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Laz on Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:38 am

Thanks for the feed back Jean :)

I didn't select a key for the TLA & TLD because I thought they did the same as the select key set.

The right CRTL key in Silent Hunter 3 is assigned to nothing in the game, the left CTRL key is assigned to a slow camera command, so I'll have to fix that conflict :oops:

Using the right CTRL key though works very well with turning VAC on and off while in the game

Thanks for having a look and again thanks for the feed back :)

BTW what did you think of the included sounds, I can't remember were I got them from, but they seemed appropriate
Laz
Laz
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby JeanGuy on Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:05 pm

Hello again Laz,

RH "CTRL" key should then work quite fine for you since it is unique to the VAC "ON/OFF" select switch. Remember that there are marked differences between the 3 Profile Activation Keys available to control VAC program.

1- First & foremost the master VAC switch is the "Select VAC ON/OFF switch". This is the switch that will turn the VAC program on and activate it if you do not use the RH mouse click on the VAC icon and then the VAC ON selection in the ladder menu. Either one of these procedures is what turns ON or OFF the VAC program & controls the green "0" in the top RH corner of the VAC icon in your Sys tray.

2- The other two VAC Profile Activation switches, Push to Activate {(PTA) - top selection} and Push to Deactivate {(PTD) - middle selection are secondary switches which will only work after you turn the VAC program on through one of the two methods listed above in para 1. Imagine a simple electrical circuit running from left to right across your screen. On the far left is the power source (PS), next to its right is the "select VAC ON/OFF switch" (SVM), further right and downstream from that are your PTA and/or PTD switches (if activated/installed) and then finally on the far right hand of your screen is the VAC program (VAC/P) itself.

PS_____SVM________PTA---------PTD______VAC/P

Legends
________ circuit closed

----------- circuit open

Your two sound files, associated with the VAC ON or OFF, are very nice and leave little doubt in regards to status of the VAC program.

Have fun and remember that there are only two things in the ocean:
SUBMARINES & Targets.
Jean-Guy
Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII:
When a prang seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible.
JeanGuy
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Laz on Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:04 pm

Good explanation, now I understand the PTA & PTD as apposed to SVM on & off function

I'll delete the profile and up load the corrected version 3 :shock: profile later today
Laz
Laz
Air Cadet Level 1

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)