F4AF profile?

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

F4AF profile?

Postby sgilewicz on Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:03 pm

Hi Shift_E!

Well it's been over two months since we got VAC working on my system and I have to say the product is SUPERB! I have been talking it up on the IL2/FB/AEP/PF boards whenever I spot a post regarding voice recognition software (consider me part of the marketing effort :D ).

I picked up a copy of Falcon 4.0/Allied Force a few weeks ago (haven't played F4 in over 3 years-lots of relearning to do!) and if ever a sim needed VAC, this one is it. Is anyone working on a profile for it? Didn't want to reinvent the wheel if it's in the works. Thanks and hope you are doing well.

Stan
sgilewicz
Lance Air Corporal

Re: F4AF profile?

Postby Shift_E on Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:06 pm

sgilewicz wrote:Hi Shift_E!

Well it's been over two months since we got VAC working on my system and I have to say the product is SUPERB! I have been talking it up on the IL2/FB/AEP/PF boards whenever I spot a post regarding voice recognition software (consider me part of the marketing effort :D ).

I picked up a copy of Falcon 4.0/Allied Force a few weeks ago (haven't played F4 in over 3 years-lots of relearning to do!) and if ever a sim needed VAC, this one is it. Is anyone working on a profile for it? Didn't want to reinvent the wheel if it's in the works. Thanks and hope you are doing well.

Stan

Hi Stan,

Good to hear you are enjoying VAC. :)

I don't know of anyone working on a Falcon 4 profile, you are the first to mention it. I've been looking at Falcon 4/AF, but haven't picked it up yet. How is it?

If you are working on a profile and get a working start send it to me and I'll post it on the web site. That would be cool.

Thanks,
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

F4A4 profile

Postby sgilewicz on Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:43 pm

The reviews have been stellar primarily because of rock solid stability and revamped graphics (DX9 standards) and new campaign scenarios. No more patch dance either. Just a one click install and done! PCGamer gave it an 88% despite being a six year old platform!

Looks like I'll have to start building a profile but I'm not an F4 expert. You might want to post a help wanted on SimHQ's F4A4 forum. It's very active and some of these guys are absolute fanatics (in the very best sense of the word). I'll get started this weekend and see how far I can get. Talk to you soon.

Stan
sgilewicz
Lance Air Corporal

Postby sgilewicz on Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:22 pm

Hi Shift_E,

You can download a PDF layout of the F4AF from the Lead Pursuit website (The number of commands dwarfs Il2FB!). If I can find a text file with the commands and the respective keystrokes is there any way to copy and paste them to a VAC profile file? It would seem the most efficient way to do this! Let me know. Thanks.

Stan
sgilewicz
Lance Air Corporal

Postby Shift_E on Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:52 pm

Hi Stan,

There is no current import, but I'm making an update adding keys for Activation keys so I can create an import function. I'll look into it.
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

f4a4 profile

Postby sgilewicz on Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:59 pm

THAT would be sooo cool! It would be a huge time saver and would be less prone to error (typos!). In the meantime I'll see what I can do to find a text file of the commands and their respective keystrokes. Gotta be around somewhere-maybe SimHQ? I'll stay in touch.

Stan
sgilewicz
Lance Air Corporal

Postby JohnnyChemo on Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:57 pm

I've just started working on a profile for AF. I'll upload when it is done. I'm doing all the radio commands, so it may take a bit! :D
JohnnyChemo
Air Cadet Level 2

F4AF Profile

Postby sgilewicz on Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:55 pm

You have more time than me Johnny! Best of luck and really looking forward to giving your profile a good workout. If you can get those radio comms to work that will really improve the immersion factor. Thanks for your efforts!

Stan
sgilewicz
Lance Air Corporal

Postby JohnnyChemo on Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:37 pm

I should have the whole thing ready to go by this weekend, Sat at the latest. I've got everything but the Flight commands done, I'll finish those, do some testing, do a nice organized readme/chart type thing, and upload.
JohnnyChemo
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby JohnnyChemo on Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:05 pm

Found a little extra free time, and I wound up finishing it early. I've uploaded it to Shift_E, so it should be available soon! Enjoy!
JohnnyChemo
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)