sapisvr.exe goes crazy and PTA doesn't work.

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

sapisvr.exe goes crazy and PTA doesn't work.

Postby dove_58 on Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:33 pm

Hi there,

First of all, thank you for a very good program. Unfortunately I have a couple of problems with later versions. I'm now on version 1.7.5 and using it with IL2 FB/AEP/PF.

The first problem I have with later versions is that I can't import a profile. The import menu seems to work but in the load profile command I do not see my profile name, only a blank grey field. My workaround has been to create a new profile and then by cut and paste edit it in notepad. After that I can import other profiles without problem. But if I remove a profile, the removed profile name remains in the load profile menu until I restart VAC.
The second problem is that now it seems that the PTA function do not work. Once I've pressed my assigned button on my joystick to speak my phrase I don't need to press it furthermore. VAC accept my phrases without using the button.
The third problem, a weird one. More often now when I'm using VAC I have some severe stutter after a while in the game. Checking the process status of sapisvr.exe it shows that it is allocating memory of over 400 000 kB! After killing the VAC software and sapisvr.exe I can return to the game without any stutter.

I hope that I can get some guidelines how to solve my problems.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,

/dove_58
dove_58
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Shift_E on Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:22 pm

Hi Dove,

I would suspect the profile if you are having problems with the PTA key. Could you send me the problem profile you are using and I’ll look it over.

The import function has a problem and I’ll get that corrected right away. The new one should be posted in a few hours. Thanks for finding that one.

I use to have the same problem as you with sapisvr.exe in IL2, by setting the process priority to normal seem to have solved the problem for me.
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)