Lomac Flaming Cliffs VAC Trouble. please help.

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

Lomac Flaming Cliffs VAC Trouble. please help.

Postby Polecat on Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:45 pm

I am using the LOMAC vac file from your site. Here is the problem:

Tower request take off = Command 1 = \
Command 2 = F6
Command 3 = F2

None of the keys are held down they are just pressed and released in sequence ie; press and release \
press and release F6
press and release F2

It does not work at all in the game with VAC. It brings me directly to the F2 External view virtually ignoring commands 1 and 2.

Any help would be welcome>

Polecat out
Polecat
Corporal

Postby Shift_E on Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:43 am

Hi Polecat,

I don't have Lomac Flaming Cliffs, but I can give you some generic tips to try that I have used in other games.

Setting the duration to higher setting for each key stoke and increase the pause between the key stokes may help. Make sure no spaces or any other characters are in the Character Key(s) text field for the commands. Also make sure the toggle key on/off is not selected for any of the commands.

If this doesn't help, maybe someone with Lomac Flaming Cliffs can help out.

Hope this helps,
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Still no go with flaming cliffs.

Postby Polecat on Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:05 pm

I hjave tried increasing both the pause and the duration of the key stroke but it still does not respond correctly in game.

It only seems to generate the last F2 command and neither of the first two..
Very frustrating. I program pretty heavily with the Cougar software etc. Very experienced. I feel strongly that this is an issue with the software.
Please look at this. Please.

Polecat out
Polecat
Corporal

Postby GregP on Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:27 am

Polecat,

Do the commands work when just using the keyboard?

I've had trouble with LockOn and/or VAC in the past working together - a reinstall of LockOn in one case fixed it. But tweaking the times also worked another time. I'll check my profile tonight when I get home and check the timings I've used and then post back here.
Athlon64 3500+ / ECS nForce4-A939 / 1.5GB Corsair PC3200 / GeForce 7800GT CO / Audigy X-Gamer / Maxtor 120GB HD / Dell 2405FPW LCD / WinXP + SP2 / DX9.0c / TrackIR3 Pro / CH ProPedals / Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS / Saitek P8000 / 2 MasterPilots
GregP
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby GregP on Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:26 am

Polecat,

Checked my profile and I've got 100ms delay between control presses. I guess that doesn't help you much ... what delay are you using right now?
Athlon64 3500+ / ECS nForce4-A939 / 1.5GB Corsair PC3200 / GeForce 7800GT CO / Audigy X-Gamer / Maxtor 120GB HD / Dell 2405FPW LCD / WinXP + SP2 / DX9.0c / TrackIR3 Pro / CH ProPedals / Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS / Saitek P8000 / 2 MasterPilots
GregP
Air Cadet Level 1

Response

Postby Polecat on Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:21 pm

Thanks for all the help offered here. This is a great community. :o

The problem is not with the Flaming cliffs VAC profile itself but with LOMAC FC. If I try to use PTA or PTD in game lomac will not send the \ key while any other key is held. Hence if I try to use PTA the game goes straight to the F keys and ignores the \ entirely. I have even tried making Lwin the PTA key in vac and Exclusive but the \ is still not generated.
Shouldn't this work if I have the lkey set to exclusive? (Which I do)

So to summarize: If you do not use PTA or PTD the profile works fine.
I am in a high noise environment and this necessitates using PTA on both Teamspeak and VAC ( on different keys of course).

The only other thing I might ask is that Shift_E broaden the Characters that could be used for the Switch function. Maybe if I could program say the left windows key as the switch key at least the key would not have to be held and there fore the \ would be generated.

I hope this helps you to better understand the issue.

Any ideas?

Polecat out
Polecat
Corporal

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)