New Member here :-)

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

New Member here :-)

Postby Coffee999 on Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:38 am

I Love this program. Thanks for your hard work.

One quick this I would like to see is the ability to be ablt to expand the program window size to fillt he entire screen size. And also manually minimize the VAC window.

I have tomorrow Mon off, and I'm going to have a few cocktails, and fly my ass off with my new VAC.

Oh one more thing. With all the issues with PTA button, I think it would be great to hard wire in a set of voice commands that are in every profile that doesn't need a keystroke. Just a thought.

Thanks again.
One happy customer.

Coffee
Coffee999
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Shift_E on Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:18 pm

Hi Coffee,

Great to have you onboard with VAC and good to hear you are enjoying the program.

The VAC Builder was designed to create or edit your profile then close and that’s reason I didn’t add a minimize button. That is also why I split VAC into two programs the builder and the system, I wanted to make the VAC System the smallest and lowest impact on computer resources while it is running.

To keep the price down I didn’t add a flashy graphics laden front-end to the builder, just clean and simple. It makes it easier for me to maintain that way. That also includes the window sizing, I could add resizing abilities to the builder, but that would add to the price and I don’t really want to do that.

Yea, the PTA key has been challenging bit for VAC. Unfortunately when using the PTA key, PTA key and the VAC command is seen as a keyboard combination by the game and the game won’t accept the command. That is why the mouse and keyboard media button work the best as the PTA key. Most games won’t see a mouse button or keyboard media key button press and the VAC command as a key combination. But, then again I would only use the PTA key if I had too, I personally never use it, VAC is pretty good at not being trigger by ambient noises. :D

I like your idea about hard wiring the microphone, maybe add a PTA switch the microphone wire.

Enjoy,
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)