starting and stopping commands

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

starting and stopping commands

Postby Sky Dancer on Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:44 pm

hi guys,
I am a bit stuck with something I am trying to achieve.
I want to issues a voice command to start cycling through the various (16) HUD colours in Falcon F4-AF and when it gets to a colour I need, tell it to stop.

The commands for cycling HUD colour in this sim are SHIFT-CTRL-ALT-c

I have tried various methods and can get the colours to cycle readily enough, I just can't sort out how to stop them.

Methods:
1a) "cycle Colours" = Toggle on SHIFT; Toggle on CTRL; ALT c (repeat 15 times) with duration of 3 seconds on the ALT c combo. This gets all the colours cycling.
1b "Stop Colours" = SHIFT; CTRL ALT c (no toggles or changes to duration etc.

2a) "cycle Colours" = As 2a
1b "Stop Colours" = Toggle on SHIFT; Toggle on CTRL; ALT c (no toggles or changes to duration etc on the ALT c Combo

3a) "cycle Colours" = Toggle on SHIFT; Toggle on CTRL; Toggle on ALT then c (repeat 15 times) with duration of 3 seconds. This gets all the colours cycling.
3b)"Stop Colours" = SHIFT; CTRL; ALT c (no toggles or changes to duration etc.

These get the colours to cycle, but fail to stop it, quite often ending in a confused state keyboard (a bit like its owner :wink: )

Has anyone any idea how to set up a recurring loop that can be started and stopped by voice?
Sky Dancer
Corporal

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)