Mission Mate v2.4 Released.

This is the place to ask any questions you may have about Mission Mate or to make suggestions on what you might like to see improved or included in a future release, or maybe just to know better how to use a particular feature

Moderator: CrazySchmidt

Mission Mate v2.4 Released.

Postby CrazySchmidt on Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:05 am

Dear Mission Mate Users,

I am pleased to tell you that Mission Mate v2.4 is now available for download in the FB Essential Files section.

As you can see I have decided to use a theme for the main art with this release (and will be for future releases). I asked my good friend Dave “Bakshi” for some help with ideas and artwork some time ago, with a brief of “preferably something Kiwi based, with a formation shot”. Dave came back to me with the Geoff Fisken idea, which caught my attention immediately and then sealed the deal with the new Mission Mate font arrangement and the offer to create a custom set of Fisken RNZAF skins for inclusion with this release. These skins are also used on the front art. Thanks a million buddy!!

What’s New?

This version of Mission Mate is primarily for updating the plane listings for “Pacific Fighters Merged” version 4.04m.

In addition to the plane list update, there is also an original “Geoff Fisken” RNZAF P-40 skin pack kindly produced by Dave “Bakshi”. This P-40 skin pack will be installed (if selected by you at set-up) into both the P-40E and P-40M skin directories for Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters ready for your use.

Formal Introduction Of Mission Mate Parameter Files (*.mte):
Mission Mate can now save and read “Mission Mate Parameter Files” which are essentially simple files that record all the settings and selections you have made (including skins, waypoints etc…) for the current quick mission session. This means that if you have created a mission that is working well, you may save it for later use perhaps as a template for similar missions in the future.

I have also included a series of sample parameter (*.mte) files accessible through the “File” menu “Open Mission Mate Sample Files…” in the quick mission interface, that provide examples of how to set up Mission Mate quick missions. These will be useful for new users wanting a quick start or for experienced users who wish to set up same template files.

File Associations (*.mte):
When installing, you are now given the option to associate the *.mte file type with Mission Mate. This means that windows will consider *.mte files to be a Mission Mate file and you will see the Mission Mate icon associated with these files. You will also be able to launch Mission Mate directly from double clicking on these files from inside windows Explorer as you may be familiar with for many other programmes.

Associate option at the bottom of this window.

*.mte files with Mission Mate association.

As always, I hope you enjoy this latest release.

Cheers and best regards,
CrazySchmidt. :)
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Postby ClipWing on Tue May 02, 2006 11:49 am

Thanks alot CS...got slowed up by ANZAC Day and all that, but have now got your latest up and running, and as always, it's great.

Been watching this space for weeks, wondering when you'd have it ready.

Without this, UQFB, and DCG, this Sim would have died for me years ago.

Cheers
ClipWing
ClipWing
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby CrazySchmidt on Wed May 03, 2006 12:22 am

Glad you're enjoying it ClipWing and thaks for posting.

Cheers, CS. :)
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Postby nashash on Wed May 03, 2006 1:43 am

are all the maps available with mission mate ?
nashash
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby CrazySchmidt on Wed May 03, 2006 6:08 am

nashash wrote:are all the maps available with mission mate ?

Hi nashash,

There are only 19 maps available with this release but I have tried to include a good mix that would be suitable to cover scenarios for most theatres.

The map list is:

"Berlin"
"Crimea"
"Desert"
"Guadalcanal"
"Gulf of Finland"
"Kuban"
"Midway"
"Moscow Summer"
"Moscow Winter"
"New Guinea"
"Normandy"
"Online 3"
"Online Concentric Islands"
"Pacific"
"Pacific (Reduced Palms)"
"Palau"
"Smolensk"
"Stalingrad Summer"
"Stalingrad Winter"
"Tarawa"
"Wake Island"

The next release will include additional maps, however it is has never been my intention to provide a complete list of maps with Mission Mate.

Cheers, CrazySchmidt. :)
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Postby nashash on Wed May 03, 2006 9:54 am

yes i see this is a good selection, this is plenty ,

Thanks for the information .
nashash
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby nashash on Fri May 05, 2006 4:22 am

very nice program,

something i will be using much.

always liked that quick mission format,

i see a complete ground war editor in this format for your next project , :D

thanks for your effort , nicely done.
nashash
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby CrazySchmidt on Fri May 05, 2006 1:02 pm

Thanks for your comments nashash, I'm pleased to see that you are enjoying it.

Currently I am working on a French translation version with the assistance from French simmer "Barbs", after that who knows what the next project might be :wink: :mrgreen:

Cheers, CrazySchmidt. :)
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Postby nashash on Mon May 08, 2006 5:43 am

hi , will the Mission Mate have the Pe-2 planes later in the future?
nashash
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby CrazySchmidt on Mon May 08, 2006 9:02 am

nashash wrote:hi , will the Mission Mate have the Pe-2 planes later in the future?

I would like to include the flyable Pe-2 additions to Mission Mate, but I am uncertain as to whether I will buying this add-on. I would like to wait until it is available on disk. I hope it will be available on disk at some time in the future.

Cheers, CS. :)
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Return to Mission Mate