Pending 1946 Update & New Maps News

This is the place to ask any questions you may have about Mission Mate or to make suggestions on what you might like to see improved or included in a future release, or maybe just to know better how to use a particular feature

Moderator: CrazySchmidt

Pending 1946 Update & New Maps News

Postby CrazySchmidt on Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:38 am

Hi all Mission Mate users, I thought I should post this to let you all know that I am still working on MM and will be updating for the 1946 release which will look as shown below.

I have started on quite a few maps in the past that I never finished for one reason or another, but there are three that I will be releasing with the 1946 update sometime early in the new year that are maps I personally wish to use with MM, they will be New Guinea (as shown in the screen shots below) plus Okinawa and Kyushu.

All of these new maps will be slightly different from any of the previous because the user will be able to choose which army will occupy either base. So it will be possible to have either Axis or Allied armies to occupy both or either North or South base.
The screen shot below shows Axis occupation of both North & South bases with an Allied attack on the North base highlighted by the box surrounding the North base.

Each base will have it's own properties window as shown below, this enables the function of both North & South bases being occupied by the same army which was not possible in previous versions of Mission Mate and is only possible with the new maps because of the presence of naval carrier landing points.

I am working steadily on this new stuff but have to wait for Xmas for the new 1946 aircraft as the DVD is intended as a gift from my kids and my wife insists that I do not open the box prior to the day, which of course I understand. :cry:

Bye for now and all the best,
CrazySchmidt. :)
Last edited by CrazySchmidt on Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Postby MaXMhZ on Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:28 pm

Looking awsum CS - That will be a Christmas to remember - Now don't sneak off at night to open that package... Be Strong ;)

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:09 pm

Looking forward to it CS.

Was last night thinking to myself as I was running through all the a/c and using the QMB and FMB wishing I had something better to use.
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Postby Brutom on Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:39 pm

I've really enjoyed and appreciated having Mission Mate for some time now, and very much look forward to using it with 1946! (shipped, but yet to arrive)
Thanks very much, CS!
Brutom
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Bearcat on Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:06 am

AWESOME!!!!!!!
332nd V.F.G. REDTAILS

Sturmovik Essentials
Bearcat
Sergeant

Postby CrazySchmidt on Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:46 am

Thanks for stopping to post guys.

Max, I must admit I have been tempted to consider negotiating a sneak preview at the bonus DVD :mrgreen: Patience Schmidty... Patience. :roll:

Hi IV/JG1_Oesau, how are you mate? I haven't had a chat to you in a while I hope everything is well with you. I assume you have 1946 already?

Hi Brutom, thanks for dropping to say hi, I'm always very glad to hear that previous users of Mission Mate are still enjoying it. I truly appreciate your comments.

Bearcat, it's all your fault you know after your last promotional campaign :mrgreen:, you got me all motivated again :wink: .

Cheers fellas have a nice Xmas,
CrazySchmidt. :)
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Postby Bearcat on Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:00 pm

My pleasure..... I gotta tell ya.... I dont even use the QMB anymore. Might as well remove it.... :lol:
332nd V.F.G. REDTAILS

Sturmovik Essentials
Bearcat
Sergeant

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:50 pm

S! CS,

Yes have 46. In fact I picked it up in NZ (was home in Wellington) on the 8th Dec which was well ahead of the Australia which didn’t get it till the 14th Dec. I couldn’t believe that NZ got it before AU especially when on the back of the case it said: Ubi Australia LOL. So I’ve had a fair bit of practice with 46 ahead of most of my squad mates.

Everything has been pretty good, spent more money on flight sim gear and software over the past couple of months. Been doing a fair amount of FS9 and FSX lately, but with 46 out now I’ve shifted my attention back again (that is until my TrackIR4 and track clip arrives today, then it’ll be onto anything that uses 6DOF).

Hope things are well with you, just think, you only have a week to go before Santa arrives!
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Return to Mission Mate