Mission Mate 1946 (v2.7) Released!

This is the place to ask any questions you may have about Mission Mate or to make suggestions on what you might like to see improved or included in a future release, or maybe just to know better how to use a particular feature

Moderator: CrazySchmidt

Mission Mate 1946 (v2.7) Released!

Postby CrazySchmidt on Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:36 am

Hi everyone, I am pleased to announce that Mission Mate for 1946 is now available from
mission4today.com

This release of Mission Mate is exclusive to mission4today.com.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Jim for the continued friendship and support for the Mission Mate project over the years and to say that it is sites like M4T that keep this fantastic flight sim community alive.

Cheers, CrazySchmidt. :)

New In This Version (2.7):
This version updates plane listings for the IL-2 1946 DVD release. In addition to this there are 4 new maps (2 depending on how you look at it). Ardennes (Summer and Winter), Kyushu, New Guinea and Okinawa.

New Feature

Double Variable Airbase Occupation:
3 of the new maps (Kyushu, New Guinea and Okinawa) incorporate a new feature that allows the user to change which army may occupy each base at any time. To switch from one army to another just hold the mouse pointer over the airbase icon and scroll the mouse wheel, this will toggle between red and blue armies for that base. This means it is possible to have both bases occupied by the same army at one time, this however then requires the existence of carrier points on the map so the opposing army has a landing and takeoff point.
NOTE: Because it is possible to have both bases occupied by the same army, Mission Mate uses a proximity calculation when setting airbase and vehicle attack scenarios, this means that the target closest to the attack point will take the focus of the attack.

Finally, Japanese vehicle listings have been added to vehicle attack scenarios.
Last edited by CrazySchmidt on Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Postby MudPuppy on Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:42 pm

That's some great news! :smt003 I can't wait to get it downloaded and give it a whirl.
Thanks for updating this so quickly. Here's to ya' :drinkers:

MudPuppy
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:25 am

Great Stuff CS, glad that I can start using it with 1946.

I have noted however that the He-162C/D are not listed as flayable a/c, which they are.
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Postby CrazySchmidt on Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:50 am

IV/JG1_Oesau wrote:Great Stuff CS, glad that I can start using it with 1946.

I have noted however that the He-162C/D are not listed as flayable a/c, which they are.

DOH!! :oops: That was the briefest Mission Mate update in history. Version 2.71 on the way!!

This is from the 1946 read me file:

New Flyable Planes:

Bereznyak-Isaev BI-6
Lavochkin LaGG-3RD
Lavochkin La-7R
Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-9(F-2)
Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-9FS
Mikoyan-Gurevich I-250 (MiG-13)
Yakovlev Yak-3 VK-107A
Yakovlev Yak-3R
Yakovlev Yak-15
Arado Ar-234B Blitz
Heinkel He-L-IIIB-2 Lerche
Kurt Tank Ta-152C
Kurt Tank Ta-183

Special Bonus:

Dornier Do-335V-13
Heinkel He-162C
Heinkel He-162D
Messerschmitt Me-262HG-II

I completely missed that the last four where flyable, man that was a bad night :roll: :mrgreen:

Thanks for pointing that out for me mate.

Cheers, CS. :)
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Return to Mission Mate