Printable help file

This is the place to ask any questions you may have about Mission Mate or to make suggestions on what you might like to see improved or included in a future release, or maybe just to know better how to use a particular feature

Moderator: CrazySchmidt

Printable help file

Postby markl on Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:38 am

Hi,
Any chance of uploading a printable help file. MS Word Format.
I have tried to print the help file and the only way I can in A4 is using landscape mode. The problem is I get as many blank pages as printed pages.

I can not seem to copy or open in directly in MS word either.

I just like to read manuals beside me rather than via the PC toggling back and forth.

Can the manual be printed easily? I could be doing something wrong.

The PNG map is a very nice inclusion. Looking forward to future releases with more maps, and the possible future templates sound very good as well.

Thanks for all the work.

Cheers MarkL
MarkL
markl
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby CrazySchmidt on Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:06 am

Hi Mark,

The help file has been designed for PC use only and no consideration has been placed on printing in hard copy at all.

The design behind the help file is to click on an area you wish to understand read the info on that subject and then apply it in practise, hopefully doing away with the need to read the whole document. Of course this also assumes that the user has followed the quick start section at the beginning which gives a good general overview of how to use MM to get started with.

I'm sorry if this is not the ideal format for you, but to maintain two formats for the help file is too much work for me. :)

Glad you're enjoying the PNG map, it's one of my favourites also. :D

Cheers, CS. :)
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Postby markl on Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:47 am

Thanks for the reply.
Most help is going that way these days. I am just an oldie used to using prined manuals.

I still print it out, but just loos a few papes along the line. It is not that big so this time I will cut a paste it in a better format in MS Word myself.

Considering how much use I get from the program, the time I spend on this is well worth it for me.

Cheers MarkL
MarkL
markl
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to Mission Mate