MetaMis V0.00 Alpha - Released - V1.00 Beta coming

A place for discussion about MetaMis, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: MaXMhZ

MetaMis V0.00 Alpha - Released - V1.00 Beta coming

Postby MaXMhZ on Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:38 pm

Well when you ask, you (sometimes ;) ) get... :D

MetaMis - Current version as of Feb 24 - V0.01Alpha ;)

MetaMis is a Meta-Mission Editor in progress (NOT beta tested) and so you're on your own (allmost ;) ) when you use it...

I will listen to all suggestions and requests though ;)

What it lets you do is edit .mis files, and inserting meta commands (Line, Repeat, Arrow), these can be translated to "normal" mis files, so you get things like:

and

The interface is straight forward (imo)

Using FMB place objects on the map :D
e.g. if you want to use the "Line" command for runway lights, you place a runway light on two corners of the runway

You save your mis file...
Open it again in MetaMis, - You place a
" ;Line 100" command before the two runway light objects.
You click the "Translate" button and to the right the New (extra) objects will appear...

Left and right panes are editors too! - you can edit the file in them - then save the file with the buttons below :D (don't use the right pane though - if you click "Translate" it will be ERASED.

--- INSTALLATION ---

Download the installer http://members.home.nl/maxmhz/MetaMis/M ... pha001.exe to any dir you can find it then run it :D (rightclick save as...)

The program will be saved under /Program Files/MaXMhZ/

Sorry no fancy stuff here - make links/shortcuts yourself ;) - it's Alpha afterall

OK start it up ;)

--- HOW TO USE ---

Now under /MaXMhZ/Examples/ you will find a (meta) mission file... see pic above... load that with "Select Mission". You can edit the mission in the left pane... If you add MetaCommands - make sure you do a

<space><space><;><MetaCommand>

Case sensitive!!! not " ;line 100" but " ;Line 100" !!

Where <MetaCommand> is :

Line <num>

Will place num+1 objects between next 2 objects
Takes 2 objects
This will "fill in" the space between the objects.

Rep <num>

Will place num+1 objects in direction of object 2
Takes 2 objects
This will keep the relative distance bwtween the objects (e.g. place telephone pole1, place telephone 2, orient them both in the right direction and make sure they "fit" - by doing a " ;Rep 100" you will get 100 telephone poles all connection together :D )

RepU

Will place objects in direction of object 2
Takes 3 objects
This will keep the relative distance bwtween the objects (e.g. place telephone pole1, place telephone 2, orient them both in the right direction and make sure they "fit", then place a third one (same orientation!) at the point you want them to end "reproducing" ;) - by doing a " ;RepU" you will get lots of telephone poles all connection together :D from first to third object)

Arrow <num>

Will place a Triangle with each side num+1 objects
Takes 3 objects

FArrow<num>

Not Implemented - does the same as Arrow ;)

OK to translate the metamission, click the Translate button - to the right the result is shown ;) check if you're OK with it - you can edit in the right pane too), and press "Accept" to save it to the game's Missions/Net/dogfight/1/ dir e.g.

Happy playing ;)

So it's "supported" limited lol

Next update will hopefully have "Box <num>" and "BoxU" commands, and a "Merge Mission" button :D that will merge a 3rd mission into the meta mission (left pane)....

----------------------- Beta V1.00 coming ----------------------
Preview :

It will be able to merge maps, and add object groups :D groups that can be placed map-independent and oriented when placed on a map by a new "Group <name>" command - that will look in a subdirectory for a <name>*.grp text file. Any jpg with the same <name> will be shown in the window.

A lot of the coding still has to be done so...
ETA? lol 2 weeks ?
Last edited by MaXMhZ on Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:42 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:29 pm

Thanks MaX, downloading it now and will try out when I get home from work (hmmm, that's just another 10 hours from now)
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Postby MaXMhZ on Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:56 pm

Just did a little update -

Added an Ico - in MaXMhZ subdir of Program Files ;)

Corrected the error that objects numbers kept rising instead of starting at 0
with each different Header.

Added command Repeat-Untill

RepU

Takes 3 objects - First is where to start, Second is step-distance&Direction, Third is Limit (won't go past this).

And oh - it's allways the LAST object in the parameter list that gets repeated.

---- Installation ---
Just do an uninstall through control panel - Add/Remove Programs

Then run the installer :

http://members.home.nl/maxmhz/MetaMis/M ... pha001.exe

Right-Click - save as - then run to install

This will be it for now, unless there's an error found or the request you have is realy easy and fast to implement. ;)

ah well.... I'll be updating my first msg as we go ;)

S~ MaX

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby MaXMhZ on Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:04 pm

V1.00 Beta is coming - see first post ;)

I would like some input on the Groups though.
Should I make a text file available?
I could see people sharing groups - would be nice to know who made it and what its for ;)
I also think I'll make the lower left input pane sort of a "notepad" for when designing missions :D - like accept the meta-commands...but thats tricky when you switch object types ;)

Ah well any input is appreciated :D
Last edited by MaXMhZ on Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Extreme_One on Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:06 am

I'm really impressed MaXMhZ. This is looking really useful. :)

I'd like to see a comprehensive user guide though... ;)
S! Simon

Download my campaigns here
Extreme_One
Master of ceremonies

Postby MaXMhZ on Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:23 am

Extreme_One wrote:I'm really impressed MaXMhZ. This is looking really useful. :)

I'd like to see a comprehensive user guide though... ;)

Well - since you were one of the few who asked for it ;) thanks for that - i forgot about it lol

I think I'll make it work first, release it with a short how-to story ;)

A "Group" might seem impressive - but its just:
A "[Header]" <-- any of the game's header types
One Object as a base point
One Object as an orientation vector
<place any "group" objects here...that could mean other headers ;) >

saved as a sub-mis file - lol that reads nice ;)

All you do in the meta is place two objects - the "base" and "orientation" :D
objects get filled in around the base oriented by the vector...
The whole thing "turns" around the base to the vector in other words (every object turns with it and keeps a relative direction)...

A Group could be

[Bornplace0]
Me262

too :D
in a text file called "PlanesMe262 me262only from Base0.grp"
with a nice pic of a me262 :D (called "PlanesMe262.jpg")
and a text file called "PlanesMe262.txt" ? for references etc ;)
Or should it be html ?

And then go to tackle a boring manual :D - admid it - how often do you read 'em lol

As a sideline - I allways keep adding - then I'll never publish - like with IL2Gizmo (still working on that one) ;)

Maybe Snoopy will give me a forum ;) THANKS FOR THE FORUM :D
We could have a "share your object-groups" lol thread haha

But also try version 0.00 ;) you might come up with a primitive you'd want...

I must also stress that no checks are made - at all - if you want to do "funny" stuff like "sideways" when "up" or "down" is the choise - lol - i don't know what's gonne happen...

If you'd want to make up your own "headers" you could do that too ;) and just process text :D
Last edited by MaXMhZ on Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Extreme_One on Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:27 am

Ahem, Hi everybody, My name's Extreme_One and I actually do read the f***ing manual!" :D

Cheers MaxMhz - I have a lot on right now - but as soon as I have some freetime I intend getting stuck into this :)
S! Simon

Download my campaigns here
Extreme_One
Master of ceremonies

Postby WT_Pedropan on Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:17 pm

Excellent works! :D

Thanks MaXMhZ 8)
WT_Pedropan
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Willy on Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:27 pm

...posted this last night but it seems to have got trapped somewhere :smt102

So, any news on the Metamis front?
Willy
Pilot Officer

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:12 pm

Willy wrote:...posted this last night but it seems to have got trapped somewhere :smt102

So, any news on the Metamis front?

Ha ha - yes I saw you posted, just not any message ;) and then the forums went down :(

Well it's coming along, just not as fast as I'd hoped for - I found some errors ;) (what's new eh?) and I'm having some health problems that inhibit me from typeing for a long time :( but I'm working on it again.

I hope I can publish the next update next week (it will have a merge-mission option, but not the "groups" yet)...

Things I have to do for that is find the error that makes the object numbering fail (that's in my working copy - I thought I found it but now all first coordinates for front markers, camera's, home bases etc get lost and the numbering doesn't allways start at 0_ lol).

But check again next week - I think I can make that deadline :)

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Willy on Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:58 am

Sorry to hear of the health problems, and I hope that's somthing that can get better for you.
Anyway, thanks for the update, I hadn't meant to push, but just really enjoy your little utility and wanted to know how you were getting on.

I've been messing around with it a bit, trying to re-creat the flak lanes that were found at Me262 bases and MetaMis is the tool for the job :D

However it needs more research about what type of flak guns were employed and where they were placed. But I think it would make for some challenging landings/interceptions and could be even more fun if the Tempest is flyable straight from the "Olegbird...egg" :smt043

Looking forward to your next one :)
Willy
Pilot Officer

Postby Ddave on Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:29 pm

Hi Max,
Great program ! It sure is a time saver and I love the nice,neat rows you can add for objects.One thing I noticed.After installing runway lights in a mission, the tod (time of day) command is disabled.It sure would be nice if you could figure that out.Keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to more developments.

Ddave
Ddave
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MaXMhZ on Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:43 pm

Ddave wrote:Hi Max,
Great program ! It sure is a time saver and I love the nice,neat rows you can add for objects.One thing I noticed.After installing runway lights in a mission, the tod (time of day) command is disabled.It sure would be nice if you could figure that out.Keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to more developments.

Ddave

hmmm I thought I posted an answer, but now I don't see one... well, here we go again...

so first off - thanks for testing :)
about the tod console command not working... did you set static time when editing/designing the mission? (( the [Main] section will have a "TIME CONSTANT 1" line then)- if you did set time to static, you can't use "tod anymore in console - a static time can't be changed...MetaMis should not
influence console commands...

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Ddave on Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:17 am

Thanx for the reply.There is no time constant command in mis file. Sometimes weird stuff happens sooo...I started a new mission from scratch (I had edited an existing one). TOD works fine in the new one so go figure. Great tool, reminds of what i used to use when building runway scenery with Airport 2.60 for MS sims. Thx for your time.
Dd :-)
Ddave
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Lionman on Sun May 28, 2006 2:21 pm

deleted. See following post.
Last edited by Lionman on Sun May 28, 2006 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The battlefield may be virtual but the experience is always real."
Lionman
Air Cadet Level 2

Next

Return to MetaMis